Philadelphia, PA - Chocolate….who doesn’t love chocolate?!? One of the hardest parts of living a healthier lifestyle is giving up the super sugary and delicious baked goods. Let's face it they taste good, but they don’t look good on our thighs! But, we need to indulge occasionally, or we run the risk of completely falling off track and overindulging.
While you can’t eat this every day and still achieve your goals you can have them now and then without all the guilt! No oil…no refined sugar and if gluten-free is your thing these can easily be made gluten-free! The best part of this recipe is that you just to throw it all in the blender and go! Hope you enjoy these moist and yummy muffins as much as I do!
- 2 Medium Bananas
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/3 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ¾ Cup Almond Milk, Unsweetened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder, Unsweetened
- ½ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips, Mini ones work best, but any is fine
1. Pre Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease muffin pan
2. Layer all ingredients in the blender starting with the wet ingredients first. Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips.
3. Blend!! Blend until all ingredients are smooth and batter-like….about 30 seconds should do the trick!
4. Once everything is blended, pour in the chips and mix by hand.
5. Pour into greased muffin pan…about ¾ of the way full. Top with a few chocolate chips for presentation
6. Bake… 20 Mins until muffins are nice and puffy with some cracks in the top
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-12 mins before enjoying!