Simple and Easy Apple Crisp, Yield – 6 servings, Cook Time – 25-35 minutes
For The Crumble:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
For The Apples:
¾ cup Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice
8 red apples (Gala or Fuji preferred)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons cornstarch
For the crumble
- Combine brown sugar and flour in a mixing bowl, and cut in the butter with your hands. Mixture should look coarse with some chunks the size of peas.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the crumble on.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until light brown.
- Place baking tray on a wire rack to cool.
For the apples
- Core and cube the apples and place in a large bowl of cold water to avoid browning.
- Whisk together the cornstarch with Sparkling Ice in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the apples, salt, and cinnamon. Sautee over a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Pour the Sparkling Ice and cornstarch mixture into the pot, stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Break the cooled crumble up with your hands to desired size.
- Scoop the warm apples into 6 small ramekins or an 8 inch square serving dish.
- Top with crumble.
- Serve immediately.
- Recipes 101 - Crisp Apple Donuts
- New Orleans Style Beignets
- Desserts 101: Easy Lemon Meringue Pie and Bars
- Crockpot Chicken Reuben Casserole
- Burgers 101: Five Tips to A Better Burger Build