In a time when everything is extremely fast paced and with the convenience of fast food restaurants on every block, it’s not always attainable or time effective to eat a reasonably healthy meal. When it comes to the most important meal of the day, most of us eat the first thing we can get our hands on or skip it entirely.
It’s too easy to fall into the routine of grabbing an extra-large cup of coffee or a Trans-fat and carb loaded breakfast burrito during our morning commute, not taking into consideration what we are about to consume. Does it taste good? Probably, but how is that going to affect you over a period of time? By devoting 20 minutes of your night at home, you can prep a breakfast that tastes great, is even better for you, and will last all week. Turkey bacon egg cups are the perfect healthy breakfast on the go and are loved by both kids & adults!
What you’ll need:
• 12 large eggs
• 1lb turkey bacon
• 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• Cupcake or muffin baking tin
• Non-stick cooking spray
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
• Spray cupcake/muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray
• Cut entire package of turkey bacon in half
• Line each cup with 3 pieces of bacon (1 across the bottom and 2 along the sides)
• Crack 1 egg into each cup
• Top with some shredded cheddar cheese
• Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, bacon should be crispy and egg will be the same consistency as hard boiled.
Keep refrigerated and warm before enjoying!