Philadelphia, PA - In a sandwich town like Philadelphia, it's not surprising to find some fantastic Banh Mi around town. Also known as the Vietnamese hoagie,
Best Philly Banh Mi
Banh Mi consists of a French baguette with pickled and fresh vegetables and topped with protein, such as pulled pork or tofu. The name comes from the Vietnamese word for bread or, more specifically, the French baguette. A staple in Vietnamese cuisine and unlike the traditional French baguette, the Vietnamese version is made with rice and wheat flour.
In Philadelphia, Banh Mi sandwiches are typically sold in Vietnamese restaurants and bakeries. So if you're a sandwich lover in Philadelphia, here are some of the top places to find the best traditional and non-traditional Banh Mi in Philly.
Top Banh Mi Sandwiches in Philadelphia
1. Banh Mi Cali - Located at 900 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Try the BBQ Pork Sandwich; this place makes a fantastic Banh Mi in Chinatown and is close to the center city.
2. Banh Mi and Bottles - Located at 714 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Vietnamese street eats & craft beer to go; this place serves up a classic Banh Mi using authentic family recipes but is not confined by them.
3. QT Vietnamese Sandwich - Located at 48 N 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107. They focus on fresh produce and a very flavorful Banh Mi, making traditional sandwiches and Vietnamese cuisine.
4. Mi 'N Tea – 4229 Main St, Philadelphia, PA 19127. Offers traditional Vietnamese sandwiches prepared with fresh-baked bread, premium meats, and house-made ingredients. The Bánh Mi is made using trendy and classic Vietnamese flavors that come together to create the perfect sandwich.
5. Ba Le Bakery - 606 Washington Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147. Tiny spot with little seating but lots of pastries, banh mi & other sandwiches to carry out.
Share This Article on Social Media
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of a round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment, and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Banh Mi Sandwiches