Philadelphia, PA - An American dish, Chicken and Waffles, comes from a variety of culinary cultures, among them Soul Food and Pennsylvania Dutch cooking, and can be found at specialty restaurants and on breakfast menus throughout the country.
In Philadelphia, Waffles and Chicken can be found throughout the city from Dutch countertop joints to Southern-style restaurants such as Rex 1516 and The Thirsty Soul, serving up some of the best Chicken & Waffles in town. Listed below are a few of our favorite spots in Philly.
- Hawthornes – Café beers, growlers, and upscale American fare, with sofas and a warm fireplace. Must try: Chicken and Waffle Benedict. 738 S 11th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- The Thirsty Soul – Southern-influenced bar and restaurant on West Passyunk serving up classic Southern-Style comfort food. Must-Try Chicken and Waffles served up all day. 1551 W Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Dutch Eating Place - Pennsylvania Dutch countertop at the Reading Terminal Market serving up homestyle breakfast & lunch. 51 N 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Rex 1516 – Southern-Style restaurant featuring creative dishes with some out of this world fried chicken. Must try: Chicken and Waffle Benedict. 1516 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19146
- Green Eggs Café - Creative dishes and breakfast favorites such as Red Velvet Pancakes in a bright space where artwork fills the walls. Must-Try: Chicken and Waffles Benedict. Multiple Locations
- Hatch & Coop - Casual counter-serve offering fried & roasted chicken sandwiches, popcorn chicken & fries. Must-Try: Chicken and Waffle Belgium Sandwich. 122 S 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Grubhouse - Offering all-day breakfast and creative takes on American staples, including Breakfast Bowls, Breakfast Sandwiches, Pancakes, and more. Must-Try: Hot Chicken & Waffles. 111 S Independence Mall E, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Chicken & Waffles
The 10 Best Steakhouses in Philadelphia - The best steakhouse, steak house, or chophouse is a restaurant that specializes in great steaks and chops and in Philadelphia, finding a great steakhouse is not as hard as you might think. From trendy traditional to high-end steakhouses, Philly has its share of great restaurants to enjoy steak.