Philadelphia, PA - A Torta, found at most Mexcian restaurants is actually sandwich, typically served on a soft bun with a buttery spread and filled with just about anything found on the inside of a taco or burrito, However, the bread brings an entirely new taste and experience.
Tortas in Philadelphia can be found at most Mexican eateries, from traditional places such as Mole Poblano to our favorite Café y Chocolate in South Philly - offering up a Cheesesteak Torta. Listed below are some of Philly’s best places for authentic Tortas.
- Café y Chocolate - Cute coffee shop that provides an extensive Mexican menu, try the cheesesteak torta. 1532 Snyder Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145
- Los Gallos - A brightly colored BYOB specializing in the time-honored taco & burrito with a wide variety of fillings. 951 Wolf St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- South Philly Barbacoa – An award-winning Mexican eatery from celebrity chef Cristina Martinez’s, who is devoted to the time-honored slow-cooked barbacoa tacos and unique toppings. 1140 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Mole Poblano – this Mexican eatery is serving up traditional food in a comfy, colorful-lit room. 1144 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Nora's Kitchen – This well-known neighborhood spot is offering up Mexican favorites as well as margaritas inside a comfortable space. 248 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Other Articles About Mexican Food in Philadelphia
Tacos and Taquerias in Philadelphia - Tacos are a time-honored Mexican dish comprised of corn, wheat, or flour tortilla with a variety of fillings. Philadelphia has several great taco restaurants from Mexican eateries offering up this time-honored traditional fare to informal countertop joints
Fajitas in Philadelphia - The Fajita is a Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine consisting of grilled meats, usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla. In Philadelphia, the Fajita can be found at popular restaurants to traditional Mexican joints.