Philadelphia, PA - East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District presents Flavors on the Avenue street festival on Sunday, April 29, 2018, from 11:00am to 5:00pm. The city’s first big restaurant festival of the spring will feature five blocks of street food, seasonal sips, craft beer, live music, sidewalk sales and free family fun – from Broad to Dickinson streets.
Over twenty-four award-winning restaurants, cafes and bars will bring their signature cuisine outside under the blue skies. Craft beer, signature cocktails and wine will pour from select restaurants out on the street, as well as inside the new Founders Brewing Co. Tasting Tent. East Passyunk Flavors on the Avenue is free to attend and open to all ages. Food will be specially priced between $3.00 and $6.00 (average) and be pay-as-you-go from individual restaurants.
“Flavors on the Avenue is East Passyunk’s signature food festival and our largest event of the year,” said Executive Director Pam Zenzola. “We invite the region to come hungry and experience the culinary talents of Philadelphia’s top chefs and restaurants. Flavors on the Avenue also showcases the diversity of our constantly growing food scene - with everything from old school gravy joints to new up-and-comers like Barcelona Wine Bar, Pistola’s Del Sur and Redcrest Fried Chicken. Bring the whole family for a full day of food and drink, plus music, activities, arts and shopping. See you on the Avenue!”
East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia’s restaurant row, will feature something for every taste and palate – with sweet to savory, casual to fine dining, American to International. More than 24 restaurants will offer signature dishes, off-menu specials and twists on street food.
Participating restaurants and eateries, along with their menus, are as follows:
* Barcelona Wine Bar - Vegetable paella
* Bing Bing Dim Sum - Roast pork sandwich, cold noodles
* Brigantessa - Sausage with giaroinviera relish with aioli
* Cantina Los Caballitos - Pork tacos, ceviche
* chhaya - Fried chicken and waffles, iced coffee
* El Sarape Restaurant - Tacos al pastor, cemitas, pina coladas and homemade water: Jamaica and horchata
* Essen Bakery - Mini za’atar croissant stuffed with labneh cheese.
* Filitalia International - Penne with gravy and meat/cheese sandwiches
* Fond - TBD
* ITV Philly/Laurel - Pork Skin with Sour Cream and Onion
* Izumi - Gyoza (pork dumplings)
* Le Virtù - Palotte cac'e: egg & pecorino croquettes, tomato, basil
* Mamma Maria Ristorante - Pasta primavera and chicken cutlets
* Manatawny Still Works - Whiskey cocktail, Gin cocktail, vodka cocktail, Sly Fox beer
* Noir Philadelphia - Rice balls, poutine (french fires with potato gravy) Meatballs w/marina sauce, watermelon salad
* NOORD eetcafe - Bitterballen, poffertjes
* Paradiso Restaurant - Arancini
* Pistola's Del Sur - Seafood ceviche
* P’unk Burger - Swiss and bacon slider, cheese burger slider, hot dog, shoe string fries
* Redcrest Fried Chicken - Spicy chicken slider, fried chicken slider and vegan slider, spicy vegan slider
* Saté Kampar - Nasi Lemak (rice,peanuts, anchovies cucumber, chilie sauce), Rendang Nasi (beef stew, rice,carrots, cucumber), Nasi Ayma Kurma (chicken potatoes and rice), Teh Tarik (hot milk tea), Coconut Water
* Stogie Joe's Tavern - Meatball sandwiches and pizza
* The Bottle Shop - Variety of beer (12-16 ounce)
* Vanilya Bakery - Chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches
* Will byob - Quiche - Bacon and Spinach
* The Chilly Banana (food truck as part of Nice Things Handmade show)
Come thirsty for craft beer, wine and signature sips along East Passyunk. Select restaurants will serve seasonal refreshments along the strip – and in sidewalk café areas. Founders Brewing Co. will host a new tasting tent this year for those twenty-one years and older.
Along with ample food and drink, Flavors will offer free family friendly activities – including kids art and activity zone (at the Singing Fountain) brought to you by Lume Creative Learning Studios, a typewriter station at Dickinson, kids’ moon bounce and giant inflatable slide at the East Passyunk Gateway, kids’ crafts with Frame Fatale, and outdoor games for kids and adults of all ages. Additionally, boutiques and businesses along East Passyunk will also host workshops, activities and family fun inside their spaces.
While you sip, savor and shop, enjoy live music that will have you dancing in the street - including:
* River Bones Band (PPA Lot), 11:00am to Noon (Blue Grass)
* Reddio (PPA lot) 12:00pm to 1:30pm (Rock)
* City Rhythm (PPA lot) 2:00pm to 5:00pm (Motown to Bruno Mars)
* DJ Sideswipe (Mifflin Triangle) TBD
* DJ Ralphie Razor (Outside Stogie Joe’s Tavern) 3:00pm (Sinatra and standards)
* Ricky Bacarre (Outside Stogie Joe’s Tavern) 12:00pm to 3:00pm 1930’s to now)
Over 80 of the region’s top makers and crafters will also line the streets. “East Passyunk wants to celebrate local talent, local makers, local artists,” added Zenzola. “Local Passyunk gift boutique Nice Things Handmade will curate the makers and crafters that will offer home décor, paintings, candles, jewelry, pottery, furniture, soaps, artisan foods, handmade pet treats, fashion – and everything in between.”
For more information and directions, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter at @EPassyunkAve and on Instagram at @eastpassyunk, and use the hashtag #FlavorsOnAve before and during the event for a chance to win great prizes.