Philadelphia, PA - East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) presents the 8th Annual East Passyunk Restaurant Week, with two dozen award-winning restaurants offering three-course prix fixe lunch and/or dinner menus starting Monday, February 24th through Friday, March 6th. This year's line-up includes seven new eateries along Philadelphia's restaurant row, including highly anticipated debuts from new hot spots like Townsend Wine Bar, Flannel, June BYOB and River Twice.
8th Annual East Passyunks Restaurant Week Returns
From BYOBs to James Beard nominees, East Passyunk Restaurant Week is the chance to experience a diversity of dining styles on one of the “Top Ten Foodie Streets in America.”
“East Passyunk Restaurant Week continues to offer the best variety of dining options from an incredible collection of restaurants at multiple price points,” said EPABID Executive Director Adam Leiter. “When you can choose between a diverse selection of award-winning chefs, neighborhood favorites, and some of the newest spots creating a buzz in Philly, the only question becomes how many meals you can fit into your schedule.”
New and notable features for East Passyunk Restaurant Week include the debut of seven new participants. The full list of debuts this year includes Townsend Wine Bar, Big Catch Poke, Flannel, June BYOB, Redcrest Fried Chicken, River Twice, and Triangle Tavern. This year's list includes two of the current “Best Restaurants in Philadelphia” by Philadelphia Magazine and seven of the existing “Essential Philadelphia Restaurants” by Eater Philly. New retail tie-ins with shopping specials are debuting with $15/$25/$35 pricepoints or 15%/25%/35% off deals.
The full list of participating restaurants includes:
• Barcelona Wine Bar - Extensive array of Spanish-centric small plates and wine with expansive dining room, red hot bar scene and lovely outdoor patio for warm weather
• Big Catch Poke – Signature poke bowls and build-your-own options with your choice of base, protein, toppings, sauces, and more.
• Bing Bing Dim Sum – From the award-winning Cheu Noodle Bar comes this popular, stylishly-adorned dim sum restaurant and full-service bar
• Cantina Los Caballitos – ‘Best of Philly’ winner for Mexican fare with best margaritas in the city
• El Sarape – ‘Best of Philly’ winner for outstanding tacos, now in their new location. BYOB
• Flannel – An all-day southern BYOB cafe is featuring an award-winning brunch & southern comfort food all day long.
• Fond – ‘Best of Philly’ winner for refined and flavorful contemporary French-American fare with a full bar
• ITV - Chef Nicholas Elmi serves up French-accented New American shareable plates, complemented a thoughtful lineup of wine and cocktails
• June BYOB – Traditional French cuisine with modern influences in an upscale, intimate space
• LaScala’s Birra – Creative brick oven pizzeria with unique antipasti and salads and a fun, full-service bar
• Le Virtu – Pays thoughtful homage to Abruzzo, earning recognition as one of the 10 hottest Italian restaurants in the nation by Zagat
• Mamma Maria Ristorante – Mamma’s genuine authentic Italian recipes please the eye, fill the stomach, and warm the soul
• Marra’s – Long-time favorite “red gravy” joint that stays true to 80+-year-old family recipes
• Noir – Stylish restaurant and bar featuring Montreal-influenced Italian cooking
• Noord– Friendly BYOB with an open kitchen to envelop diners in the warmth of unique northern-European fare
• Perla – Chef Lou Boquila’s Filipino restaurant pays homage to his mother’s traditional cooking, paired with his own sense of refinement
• Pistolas Del Sur - Cornerstone restaurant and bar standing tall at the Gateway to the Avenue, serving inventive Mexican eats, beer, tequilas and more in a lively setting
• POPE – Friendly and comfortable neighborhood bar with one of the best beer selections in town
• P’unk Burger– Contemporary spot for organic, locally sourced patties with dozens of toppings & sauces.
• Redcrest Fried chicken– The most delicious fried chicken, homemade sides, and out-of-this-world buttermilk biscuits you’ve ever eaten
• River Twice– Modern American BYOB dedicated to sustainably sharing the richness of our region’s bounty
• Stogie Joe’s– Your go-to place for friendly folks, cold beer, and everything made from scratch – just like Grandma did it
• The Palace of Indian (– Authentic Indian home-style cooking in an artistic space overlooking the famous Singing Fountain
* Townsend Wine Bar - Award-winning chef Tod Wentz will debut his new French-focused wine bar and eatery just in time for East Passyunk Restaurant Week. Look for Townsend's signature dishes and favorites from past menus, new favorites, plus French-focused wine for pairing.
• Triangle Tavern - Serving South Philadelphia favorites with a large selection of vegetarian and vegan options
Visit www.eastpassyunkrestaurantweek.com for full menus for all of the above restaurants and to confirm days and timing of participation with each individual restaurant. Reservation information is available on the bottom of each menu page.
East Passyunk Restaurant Week is presented by the East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District, with sponsors Open Table, Samuels and Son Seafood, and others.