Grilling corn is always a favorite when barbecuing. Pour melted butter on it, add a dash or two of salt, and tear off the husks and silks and listen to the sound of the crunch as you take your first bite. Next time instead of just using plain butter and salt, put a little zing in the taste of the grilled corn by using the following recipe for Parmesan Roasted Corn on Grill to give it a different flavor.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 ears corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Brush a thin layer of mayonnaise on each ear of corn. Sprinkle the corn with the Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Wrap each ear with aluminum foil and place on the grill.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until the kernels begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
Tips For Grilling Corn
- To get a grilled look, after husking the corn, put it back on the grill for about 3 to 5 minutes, before spreading it with the butter mixture and Parmesan topping.
- While the corn is soaking, prepare the butter mixture and place in the refrigerator.
- Figure 1 corn per person. This mixture should be enough for 4 corns. Increase amounts depending on how many corns will be eaten.
- Buy the little corn holders. The corn will be very hot to touch.