Philadelphia, PA - High Street Hospitality Group’s Ellen Yin and Lost Bread Co.’s Ana Caballero are proud to announce a “Philadelphia Women in Food” event, collaborative fundraising, and tasting event spotlighting all female chefs, purveyors, bartenders, and culinary leaders. The celebration will be on March 23, 2020, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Triple Bottom Brewing Company, a woman-owned and operated brewery.
James Beard Fundraiser Spotlighting Philly's Most Talented Female Chefs
- Kiki Aranita, Poi Dog
- Ange Branca, Saté Kampar
- Jezabel Careaga, Jezabel’s Argentinian Cafe
- Tenaya Darlington, Madame Fromage
- Tova du Plessis, Essen Bakery
- Bridget Foy, Cry Baby Pasta
- Chloe Grigri, Good King Tavern
- Emily Hyland, Emmy Squared
- Kate Jacoby, Vedge
- Ann Karlin, Third Wheel Cheese Company
- Samantha Kincaid, Cadence
- Katie Legazpi, Cake Life Bake Shop
- Justine MacNeil, Fiore Fine Foods
- Cristina Martinez, South Philly Barbacoa
- Judy Ni, Baology
- Aimee Olexy of Talula’s Garden, Talula’s Daily and The Love
- Katherine Rapin, Local Grain Coalition
- Marcie Turney and Valerie Safran, Safran Turney Hospitality
- Alexis Siemons, Teaspoons and Petals
- Abbe Stern, Fooding Forward
- Chutatip “Nok” Suntaranon, Kalaya Thai Kitchen
- Maylia and Diana Widjojo, Hardena
In-kind charitable donations are going to be delivered by female-led and Philadelphia-based businesses, and this includes Primal Supply Meats, Food Hedge, Sweet Amalia Oyster Farm, Karamoor Estate, Maple Springs Vineyard, Skurnik and Triple Bottom Brewing.
Highlights of the night include:
- Snack bar and pastry table presented by some of the city’s most influential female chefs, pastry chefs, and bakers.
- An epic cheese table exclusively sourced from women cheesemakers of our region.
- Beer, wine, cocktails, specialty teas, and coffees by women-owned businesses.
- Resource booth with information about female-lead sustainability initiatives.
Tickets for this affair will be $100, with proceeds going directly to the James Beard Foundation’s women’s training programs.
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly