Philadelphia, PA - Philly has become something of a burger-city of lately. Everywhere you look nowadays from taverns, gastro-pubs and restaurants have added their special Burger to the menu. The Burger has even made its way into some of the city's high-end steakhouses. Hence we've decided to make a list of our favorites throughout the city.
Top 10 Best Burgers in Philadelphia
- Red Owl Tavern - located at 433 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. We suggest the Red Owl Tavern Burger, Creekstone farms beef blend, steak sauce, muenster cheese, bacon jam, romaine, topped with house pickles. You also have the choice of adding a fried egg or avocado.
- Village Whiskey - located at 118 South 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103 is home to the Whiskey King a burger served up with applewood bacon, Rogue blue cheese, maple bourbon Cipollini as well as Rich, buttery Foie gras.
- Rouge - located at 205 S. 18th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Home of the Brunch Burger, a stuffed with fontina and topped with bacon onion jam and topped with a sunny-side-up egg.
- Punk Burger - located at 1823 Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19148. Big Man on Campus Beef packed with American cheese, capped with more American, double garlic, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and topped off alongside red onions.
- Sketch Burger - 413 East Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19125. This particular place features a sirloin beef, turkey burgers, and American Kobe beef options. Consider the Smashed Onion Burger, their unique signature burger made by smashing onions under the patty as prepared, producing in caramelized and crispy onion as well as a perfect burger.
Kensington Quarters - 1310 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA Kensington Quarters delivers up a thick, juicy burger with cheddar cheese along with garlic chili aioli on a brioche bun baked in-house. Bacon is optional. Head here during happy hour (weekdays from 5-7 p.m.) when the burger, usually $20, goes for just $10.
- South Philadelphia Tap Room - located at 1509 Mifflin Street, Philadelphia, PA. The Ringer Family Farms Burger a grass-fed hamburger, smoked cheddar, lettuce, as well as a secret tomato sauce with bacon.
- BurgerFi - positioned at 44 North 12th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. “The CEO” a double wagyu and brisket blend burger, homemade candied bacon truffle aioli, with aged swiss cheese.
- Good Dog Bar - situated at 224 South 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. The Good Dog Burger a half a pound of house-ground sirloin filled with Roquefort cheese and topped with a caramelized onion on a challah bun.
- Butcher & Singer -1500 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. Their trademark Burger created with ground dry-aged meat scraps blanketed in English cheddar plus Chris fried onions.
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.