Philadelphia, PA - The Bourse Marketplace will rival the country’s top food hall destinations such as New York’s Chelsea Market and D.C.’s Union Market. The building’s renovation will include a full restoration to the entrances on both 4th and 5th Streets, creating lively outdoor seating, and a thoughtfully curated mix of vendors and designated common areas with communal seating, establishing The Bourse as a local and regional destination for food, beverage, and unique retail offerings.
New tenants to join the mix include:
- Takorean: with four locations in the DC area, Takorean will bring a delicious combination of Korean inspired flavors with a Latin-American twist, all made from scratch with the freshest ingredients. In addition to their signature Korean tacos, the menu will include Korean rice and salad bowls. They also offer a carefully curated, customizable menu comprising of five primary proteins, a seasonal vegetable, an array of slaws, hand crafted sauces, toppings and garnishes. https://www.takorean.com/
- Break Juicery: Break Juicery is bringing its delicious, innovative approach to The Bourse Marketplace with its extensive variety of juices and smoothies as well as açaí bowls and wheatgrass shots. Boasting locally sourced and organic fruits and vegetables, their goal is to provide customers a better, healthier daily diet plan that cuts through the hype of celebrity “detoxes” and “cleanses” to restore the science of health.
- Barry's Buns: is an all natural, made from scratch bakery, that specializes in gourmet sticky buns, cinnamon rolls, and liege waffles. Yet, they are 'more than buns' and offer other tasty baked goods. Some other popular items are their sticky bun bread pudding, Philadelphia butter cake, crumb cake, cinnamon and chocolate babka, and Jewish apple cake - to just name a few. All goods will be baked daily on premise, at The Bourse, every day. https://www.barrysbuns.com
- Bonatsos Flower Shop: is a third generation family-owned and operated flower shop serving the Center City and Greater Philadelphia area for over 75 years. Visitors to 'Bonatsos at The Bourse' will be delighted by floating terrariums and succulents, seasonal potted and hanging plants, mason jars filled with farm fresh locally sourced wild flowers, and trendy bouquets with punches of color and various favorites such as sunflowers, tropical foliage and exotic blooms. https://www.bonatsosflowershop.com/
- TAPS Fill Station: is the second outpost from the Baltimore-based concept specializing in draft booze with a solid focus on eco-friendly and sustainable practices. Virtually everything served will be sourced from within a 250-mile radius. The 21 lines of beer will all hail from a specific area within the region that changes every couple of months. Another five lines will hold cider, two will be stocked with kegged cocktails, six more will be split between red and white wines, and mead will make an appearance on the remainder.
Previously signed tenants include:
- Abunai Poke: Bringing the taste of Hawaii to DC with a selection of poke and various Hawaiian dishes from this quick-service shop. https://www.abunaipoke.com/
- Prescription Chicken: The first brick and mortar location for this acclaimed soup purveyor will offer their signature chicken-based soups, dubbed liquid gold to make you feel better, in addition to Gertie’s homemade Yummy Yogurt Bowls. https://www.prescriptionchicken.com
- Rebel Taco: A new authentic Mexican taco purveyor from DC-based Social Restaurant Group. Serving up tacos made with the freshest ingredients and spices, and other authentic Mexican fare
- Mi & Yu Noodle Bar: Federal Hill fast-casual spot offering artisanal ramen, udon, pho, steamed bao bun sandwiches and more https://miandyunoodlebar.com/
- Pinch Dumplings: Authentic, hand-pinched Chinese dumplings made in-house daily with organic and local ingredients currently found in DC and Baltimore https://pinchdumplings.com
- Menagerie Coffee: a small, locally-owned and operated specialty coffee shop proudly serving artisanal coffee and a variety of small eats seven days a week. A winner of Philadelphia Magazine’s Best Of Philly, Menagerie Coffee has also been featured in Bon Appetit Magazine https://www.menageriecoffee.com
- Pure Blend Tea: Hailing from West Chester PA, each unique tea blend is carefully hand-blended with Organic and Fair Trade ingredients. Look for a wide variety of loose tea blends as well as superior grade Matcha’s https://www.pureblendtea.com
- 3rd and Ferry: Easton PA’s acclaimed fish market’s new concept will boast an expansive raw bar with oysters, crab cakes, chowder, lobster rolls, and other New England-Style fare in addition to a full-service bar serving up beer, oyster-friendly wines, cocktails & more https://www.thirdandferry.com/
- Baby Buns: From Top Chef’s Sylva Senat and Philly entrepreneur Uri Pierre-Noel, Baby Buns will serve fries, buns and frosé. Think international flavors turned into American-burger-like sliders
- Bluebird Distilling: Full craft cocktail bar and retail store from Phoenixville, PA’s award-winning, grain-to-glass distillery https://bluebirddistilling.com
- Chaat and Chai: Indian street food concept from Chef/Owner Anney Thomas – https://chaatandchai.com/index.html
- Chocodiem: Hand-crafted, artisanal Chocolates based on classic Belgian recipes with a flagship location in Easton, PA https://www.chocodiem.com
- Grub House: A South Philly favorite, offering breakfast seven days a week with an all-day-dining menu https://grubhousephilly.com
- Ka’moon: Fast-casual, Halal-prepared Egyptian cuisine from the folks behind The Taza Truck location in Easton, PA www.thetazatruck.com
- Mighty Melt: A collaboration between Philly’s Mighty Bread Company’s Chris DiPiazza and Stargazy’s Sam Jacobson, offering inventive grilled cheese sandwiches crafted from fresh artisan breads with creative flavor pairings
- Olive With A Twist: A gourmet pantry offering a carefully curated selection of the finest cheeses, pâté, charcuterie, olive oils, balsamics, pasta, sauces and more in Easton, PA. www.olivewithatwist.com
- Scoop DeVille: A Philadelphia institution since 1989, Scoop DeVille concocts custom ice cream combinations and includes hundreds of delectable items to create endless unique combinations https://scoopdevilleicecream.com/
- Bronze Table by Vera Pasta Co.: West Chester based fast-casual, fresh pasta purveyor, serving made-to-order pasta meals alongside Italian wines and fresh packaged pasta to-go https://www.verapasta.com/
“The Bourse is an amazing building with a rich history of its own that dates to the 1890s on Independence Mall, since before there was an Independence Mall. We are excited to restore and reveal the original architectural charm and detail that The Bourse holds. That has always been my goal for this project. And now with our vision taking shape for the new marketplace, and for the balance of the building, it thrills me to be part of the Old City neighborhood in a bold and thoughtful way.” Said Charles McGrath, Managing Director, MRP Realty
The Bourse is a grand Beaux-Arts building dating back to 1891, when it was founded as the nation’s first commodities exchange. For a behind-the-scenes look into the renovation progress, news from the tenants and more – follow @TheBoursePhilly on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
About The Bourse Marketplace
Opening mid-summer 2018, the Historic District’s circa 1895 commodities exchange will transform into an artisan market in the style of New York’s Chelsea Market or DC’s Union Market. The burnished, Victorian-era member of National Register of Historic Places across the street from Independence Mall was most recently a food court and retail center. The Bourse’s new incarnation promises a new experience befitting Philadelphia’s current and centuries-old reputation as a gleaming city of makers, bringing together artisanal vendors that will excite locals and visitors alike. Located at 111 S. Independence Mall E. For more information please visit: https://theboursephilly.com/