Philadelphia, PA - Chef Marc Vetri will sponsor The 13th Annual Great Chefs Event Philadelphia on Saturday, June 9. This unique culinary arts affair, presented by Northwestern Mutual and Volvo, is going to bring altogether over 40 superstar chefs from all-around the country to serve up signature mouth watering dishes at Urban Outfitters HQ inside the Philadelphia Navy Yard. Recently revived as a daytime, family-friendly experience, attendees will eat and drink from 12:30 to 4 pm to benefit Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF).
As in years’ past, Marc Vetri has hand-selected the list of contributing chefs, inviting friends and highly regarded colleagues from LA, NYC, Chicago, Italy and a lot more to promote their signature dishes. The culinary chefs will donate their time, talent and food, creating tasty samplings indicative of their own individual styles. Contributing chefs include just recently announced 2018 James Beard Foundation Finalists Michael Cimarusti (L.A.), Evan Funke (L.A.), Michael Solomonov (Philadelphia), Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman (both from Memphis) and many more renowned chefs. See the participating chef list below.
- Timon Balloo (Miami + Las Vegas) - SUGARCANE Raw Bar Grill
- Franklin Becker (NYC) - hungryroot.com
- Michelle Bernstein (Miami) - Crumb on Parchment
- Chris Bianco (Phoenix) - Tratto, Pizzeria Bianco
- Cesare Casella (NYC) - Casella’s Salumi Speciali
- Michael Cimarusti (L.A.) - Providence, Connie & Ted’s
- Josiah Citrin (L.A.) - Mélisse
- Chris Cosentino (San Francisco) - Cockscomb
- Derek Dammann (Montreal, QC) - Maison Publique
- Vinny Dotolo + Jon Shook (L.A.) - Animal
- Gavin Fine (Jackson Hole, WY) - Fine Dining Restaurant Group
- Kevin Fink (Austin, TX) - Emmer & Rye
- Neal Fraser (L.A.) - Redbird
- Katsuya Fukushima (Washington, DC) - Daikaya
- Evan Funke (L.A.) - Felix
- Jose Garces (Philadelphia) - Garces Group
- Alex Guarnaschelli + Michael Jenkins (NYC) - Butter
- Bruce Kalman (L.A.) - Union, Knead & Co.
- Adam Perry Lang (L.A.) - APL Restaurant
- Jenn Louis (Portland, OR) - Ray
- Joseph Manzare (San Francisco) - Tres
- Tony Maws (Cambridge, MA) - Craigie on Main
- Dahlia Narvaez (L.A.) - Mozza
- Drew Nieporent (NYC) - Myriad Restaurant Group
- Christian Petroni (NYC) - Fortina
- Ryan Poli (Nashville) - The Catbird Seat
- Douglas Quint + Bryan Petroff (NYC + Philadelphia) - Big Gay Ice Cream
- Marco Rossi (Bergamo, Italy) - Ciareghino
- Michael Schlow (Boston + Washington, DC) – Schlow Restaurant Group
- Michael Schwartz (Miami) - Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink
- Roy Shvartzapel - From Roy
- Michael Solmonov (Philadelphia) - Zahav
- Daniel Stern (Philadelphia) - R2L
- Andy Ticer + Michael Hudman (Memphis) - Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
- Greg Vernick (Philadelphia) - Vernick
- Jonathan Waxman (NYC) - Barbuto
In addition to the delicious food, drinks and fabulous auctions, Liz and Jay Scott, parents of founder Alexandra “Alex” Scott, will share the story of how Alex and her lemonade stands inspired a national fundraising movement leading to innovative childhood cancer research.
Thirteen years ago, Marc Vetri and Business Partner Jeff Benjamin met Liz and Jay, were moved by Alex’s story and wanted to find a way to help. The first Great Chefs Event was created, which brought eight local chefs and 100 guests to The Restaurant School at Walnut Hill College, raising $50,000 for ALSF. Since it debuted in 2005, The Great Chefs Event Philadelphia has raised over $800,000 and has inspired similar culinary fundraisers fighting childhood cancer in New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles.
Individual tickets for The Great Chefs Event Philadelphia are $250 and sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, visit www.GreatChefsEvent.org