Philadelphia, PA – Capogiro Gelato Artisans, Philadelphia’s world famous gelateria, and Capofitto Pizzeria + Gelateria, Philly’s premier Neapolitan pizzeria located in Old City, are cooking up some exciting seasonal menu items this month, including the addition of delicious, hearty soups and new seasonal pizzas.
“Our flavors change with the seasons,” said Stephanie Reitano, owner of Capogiro and Capofitto. “We pride ourselves in using local, hand-picked produce wherever possible so our guests enjoy the most fresh and seasonal ingredients.”
Specials, News and Events:
Capofitto Pizzeria + Gelateria and Bluebird Distilling are bringing La Dolce Vita to Philadelphia with the collaboration, Summer of Sgroppino (we know we’re early, but can you blame us?). Starting Monday, March 26th Owner and Artisan, Steph Reitano is pairing up Bluebird Distilling's award-winning locally made craft spirits with her hyper seasonal sorbetto for just $5 at happy hour, 5-7pm. ($11 regular price)
What’s a Sgroppino? A slushy combination of sorbetto, booze, and prosecco – think frosé, but better! In Italy it is often served as a dessert cocktail, palate cleanser, or even a pre-dinner drink. Signature pairings will depend on the seasonal availability of produce and will change daily but examples include: an old fashioned rendition pairing Bluebird 4 Grain Bourbon with orange sorbetto and bitters and a Juniperus Gin, cucumber, mint slushy sipper.
To accompany the Sgroppino’s at happy hour Capofitto is also launching a weekly Pizzata — a Monday through Friday “happy hour” boasting two traditional neapolitan pizzas for just $10 each from 5pm-7pm. Pizzata is the slang Italian term for a pizza party and roughly translates to “have pizza all together.” Capofitto’s Pizzata offerings include Reitano’s signature Marinara Pizze (San Marzano tomatoes DOP, oregano, garlic & Sicilian extra virgin olive oil) and Margherita Pizze (San Marzano tomatoes DOP, fior di latte mozzarella, Sicilian extra virgin olive oil, pecorino Romano, basil).
Starting this week at all Capogiro locations, guests will enjoy something hot along with their something cold. A bevy of hearty, peasant-style soups have been added to the Capogiro menu.
Featured soups include:
- Fascist Soup (a popular protest soup in Northern Italy during WWII) – black beans, onions, carrots, house made beef stock, Sicilian olive oil, rosemary
- Tuscan Chicken Kale with Cannellini – House made chicken stock, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, Green Meadow Kale, cannellini beans, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Beluga Lentil – Black beluga lentils, onions, carrots, celery, San Marzano tomatoes, rosemary, thyme, butter, bit of cream, salt and pepper
- Pasta Fagiole – cranberry beans, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, beef stock (made with beef bones, carrots, shallots, leeks), pasta.
In addition to new menu items at Capogiro, guests can now enjoy new, seasonal neapolitan pizzas at Capofitto.
Seasonal pizzas include:
- Persimmon - Persimmon, n'duja, stracciatella cheese (or mozz di bufala, as this arrives from Italy once a week), pecorino, basil, Sicilian extra virgin olive oil.
- Delicata Squash Pizza - Green Meadow delicata Squash, GM hot peppers, finocchiona salame, bufala mozzarella, basil, pecorino, sicilian olive oil.
- Wild Boar - roasted wild boar ragu, provola, caramelized red onions, oregano.
- Duck Confit - house made duck confit, roasted local radicchio, mozzarella di bufala, pecorino, shaved fiore sardo.
- Zucca - Lancaster County Neck Pumpkin, mozzarella di bufala, speck, pecorino, piennolo tomatoes.
Wheelchair Accessible: From the Capogiro team, Capofitto is part of the “Pizza Evolution” from Naples, Italy featuring a hand-built, wood-burning pizza oven specializing in hand-crafted Neapolitan style pizza and award-winning gelato. The menu also includes salads, focaccia paninis, Italian wine and beers. The main entrance is wheelchair accessible. Service animals are welcome. 233 Chestnut Street, See More: Philadelphia Wheelchair Friendly Restaurants
- Capogiro Gelato Cafes - Halloween-themed Gelato and Sorbett
- National Coffee Day Capogiro Offers Affogato's
- Charlie Was a Sinner Cocktail Bar
- HipCityVeg in Rittenhouse Square
- Philadelphia 2017 New Year Events