Philadelphia, PA - Philly's Own Barclay Prime Steakhouse takes the number five spot on The Daily Meal's websites, "America's 50 Best Steakhouses" list which included 200 restaurants, the site used both per-existing rankings and suggestions by chefs from around the country.
Philadelphia's Barclay Prime, a Stephen Starr restaurant located in Rittenhouse Square ranked number five out of 50 restaurants that made the cut.
Quote from America's 50 Best Article:
Described as a "luxury boutique steakhouse" on its website, the restaurant replaces red leather with green and yellow suede, a clubby soundtrack, and slightly incongruous crystal chandeliers. While the setting is undoubtedly twenty-first-century, the menu is as classic as can be: Steaks are dry-aged for 28 days, and the rib-eye, from New York's Gachot & Gachot (which supplies the legendary Peter Luger Steak House in Brooklyn — keep reading for their ranking), is arguably the best steak in the city — and there's world-class service to boot.
List of America's 50 Best Steakhouses from The Daily Meal
- Peter Luger, New York City
- CUT, Beverly Hills
- Keens, New York City
- Bern's, Tampa
- Barclay Prime, Philadelphia
- CarneVino, Las Vegas
- Craftsteak, Las Vegas
- Red, Miami and Cleveland
- Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, Dallas and Houston
- Cattlemen's Steakhouse, Oklahoma City
- Uber's Top Valentine's Day List for Philadelphia
- Top Free and Cheap Things To Do In Philadelphia
- Snow Day Places to Eat and Drink in Philly
- Travel & Leisure Names Philadelphia as a Top Travel Destination
- Philly Top 7 US Family Travel Destinations for 2016