Philadelphia, PA - Visitors to Philadelphia can choose from an assortment of options to explore the region, including those of the air, automotive, audio, culinary, self-guided and water-based varieties. And the sightseeing fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down. But this town is known for it's food and below is a list of some of the cities best Food Tours:
- Chew Philly Food Tours– These 2.5-hour tours through the Manayunk and Chestnut Hill neighborhoods treat guests to eight tastings of savory and sweet foods and include bits of history and culture along the way. (800) 656-0713, phillyfoodtours.com
- City Food Tours – Themed tours of the region’s culinary delights include a Decadent Gourmet Tour, Ethnic Eats of South Philly, Prohibition Cocktails, Philly Pizza, Flavors of Philly Tour and Highlights of East Passyunk. (800) 656-0713, cityfoodtours.com
- Philly Food Adventures Foodie Tours – Food writer and blogger Jamie Shanker welcomes groups of four to 20 for her 2.5-hour walking and eating tour around Chinatown. Meeting under the neighborhood’s arch, she offers insights on dining in China and in Philly’s own Chinatown while taking eaters out for dumplings, noodles and less familiar fare at well-known and side-street restaurants, with a stop at a hidden market. phillyfoodadventures.com
- Taste4Travel Food Tours – South Philly’s own chef Jacquie leads behind-the-scenes tours of the 9th Street Italian Market and Chestnut Hill. The South Philly tour offers groups hearty tastes of meatballs and gravy at Villa di Roma restaurant and samples at other stalwart Italian and artisanal food vendors along the open-air market. In pretty and historic Chestnut Hill, Jacquie leads a tour of known and unknown must-taste places. Monday through Thursday evenings, she hosts a three-course progressive dinner along South Philly’s East Passyunk Avenue.
(610) 506-6120, taste4travel.net
- Tastings & Tours’ Winery & Brewery Tours – Those who appreciate a good drink can enjoy a carefree day at some of the area’s finest wineries, breweries, brewpubs and distilleries, all while taking in some beautiful scenery. The guided, all-inclusive, private tastings are offered inBucks County and beyond. (484) 695-6465, tastingsandtours.com