Philadelphia, PA - Visitors to Philadelphia can choose from an assortment of options to explore the region, including those of the air, automotive, audio, culinary, self-guided, and water-based varieties. And sightseeing fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down. But this town is known for its food and below is a list of some of the cities best Food Tours:
- Chew Philly Food Tours– Chew Philly Food Tours – These 2.5-hour walks through the culinary (and historical) highlights of the northwestern city neighborhoods of Manayunk and Chestnut Hill focus on eight mom-and-pop gems apiece. In Manayunk, that means joining the line out the door for tomato pie from Marchiano’s Bakery. And in Chestnut Hill, it means bites of McNally’s famous Schmitter®, the cheesesteak’s quirky cousin. (800) 656-0713, phillyfoodtours.com
- City Food Tours – Visitors eat like locals—and receive some general city background—in food-driven neighborhood walks that work exceptionally well for first-time visitors. These themed crawls include the basics—Flavors of Philadelphia—plus the Decadent Gourmet Tour, Ethnic Eats of South Philly, Prohibition Cocktails, Philly Pizza Highlights of East Passyunk. (877) 413-7224, cityfoodtours.com
- Philly Food Adventures Foodie Tours – Award-winning food writer and blogger Jamie Shanker welcomes groups of four to 20 for her 2.5-hour jaunts around Chinatown. The tour begins with a quick history lesson beneath the neighborhood’s arch before moving eaters to five independent finds (including markets) for bao buns, soup dumplings, salt-baked squid, bubble tea, and whatever they’re craving that day. phillyfoodadventures.com
- South Philadelphia Food Tour – Chef Jacquie serves as a personable culinary guide to her neighborhood during this tour. Daily behind-the-scenes trips through the Italian Market include hearty tastes of meatballs and gravy at Villa di Roma and samples at other stalwart Italian and Mexican food vendors along South 9th Street. On Monday through Thursday evenings, she hosts a four-course progressive dinner along East Passyunk Avenue. (610) 506-6120, taste4travel.net
- Tastings & Tours’ Winery & Brewery Tours – Those who appreciate a good drink can enjoy a carefree day at some of the area’s most beautiful wineries, breweries, brewpubs, and distilleries, all while taking in some beautiful scenery. The guided, all-inclusive, private tastings are offered in Bucks County and beyond. (484) 695-6465, tastings, and tours.com
The Philly Taco, South Street Sushi, The Lorenzo's and Jim's Challenge - Are you searching for the ultimate Philadelphia frank'en foods, look no further; it's The Philly Taco. A combination of a Philly cheesesteak and a slice of pizza. The combo gets its origins on South Street, where foodies of all kinds head over to both Jim's Steaks and Lorenzo's Pizza for their steaks and pizza. Just wrap your Jim's steak in your Lorenzo slice, and you just made The Philly Taco or South Street Sushi.