Philadelphia, PA - Ethiopian cuisine typically consists of vegetables and frequently very spicy meat dishes. Its usually served up in the form of wat, a thick stew, served atop injera, large sourdough flatbreads. In Philadelphia, you can find Ethiopian restaurants and bars serving up this traditional cuisine. Below we have created a list of the Top 5 places to find Ethiopian in Philly.
Best Ethiopian Food in Philadelphia
- Almaz Café - A handy source of Ethiopian dishes along with Western sandwiches & wraps in a bi-level cafe setting. 140 S 20th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Dahlak - Exotic Ethiopian & Eritrean specialties are served family-style & washed down with wine & beer. 4708 Baltimore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19143
- Meskerem Bar & Restaurant - Relaxed, cash-only corner bar with an easygoing atmosphere & big-screen TVs for sports. 225 S 45th St, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Abyssinia Restaurant - Budget-friendly & shareable Ethiopian fare in traditional surroundings, plus an upstairs bar. 229 S 45th St, Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Gojjo - Colorful bi-level eatery & bar with outdoor tables offering Ethiopian chow plus pool & sports on TV. 4540 Baltimore Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19143
Publisher / Webmaster at Philly Bite Magazine.
Top Ethiopian Cuisine In Philadelphia