Philadelphia, PA - Alright, the holidays have passed and needless to say, you’re tired of turkey, ham or roast beef or whatever and now you may be watching your diet after indulging yourself. So here are some quick and easy food ideas that keep calories in mind but are still good and are a nice change of pace.
We hope that you enjoy these recipes and they give a nice change to your meal ideas and a nice change of pace. There can be many befits to adding wine to your meal it can enhance your dining experience with the proper wine food matching.
Tuna Salad Sandwich Recipe
- 1 can of tuna fish usually packed water or oil
- 1/3 cup of cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1/4 purple onion, chopped finely
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon of capers
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Pinch or two of dill
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
Mix all of the ingredients. Be sure not to drain the water or oil from the can of tuna. Use it instead of the tuna salad mixture. I like to serve on toast, either open-faced or in a regular sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and pickles. For a low carb option, serve on sliced lettuce. You can serve this along with vegetables or cottage cheese. For wine Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc other wine that you might like.
Shrimp with Avocado Salad
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup grape-seed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and de-veined
- 2 ripe avocados
- Lettuce - preferably butter lettuce or red leaf lettuce
- Lemon slices for garnish
- As an Option - 2 Tbsp chopped toasted walnuts or pistachios
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Combine oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Chop shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces and add to oil mixture. Arrange leaves of lettuce on individual plates. Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Remove some of the avocado around the pit area and mix it in with the shrimp. With a spoon, carefully scoop out avocado halves from their skins in one piece. Place avocado half on a plate with lettuce, spoon shrimp mixture on to avocado. Sprinkle with walnuts and cilantro (optional). Serve with lemon slices for garnish. You can serve this along with vegetables or cottage cheese. For wine Sauvignon Blanc or Chenin Blanc or your choice of wine.
Spanish rice with Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of medium or long-grain white rice
- 3 cups of chicken or vegetable stock if vegetarian
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato paste or 1 cup of diced fresh or cooked tomatoes, strained
- Pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds of chicken which can be grilled or fried and cut into slices or chunks and added alongside the rice or mix with rice as it simmers. This is a nice addition along with the rice and can be mixed in once the rice has been cooked as well.
In a large skillet brown rice in olive oil, medium-high heat then add in the onion and garlic. Cook onion rice mixture, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes, or until onions are softened.
In a separate saucepan bring the stock to a simmer. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and salt. Add rice to broth. Bring it to a simmer. Cover. Lower heat and cook 15-20 minutes, depending on the type of rice and the instructions on the rice package and let sit for 5 minutes. For wine Chenin Blanc or maybe Gewürztraminer again depending on your taste for wines.
The complete these recipes but there are many more avail so if you enjoy food wine as much as most people then stop by and visit our site listed below. Till the next time enjoy good food good wine and life.