Philadelphia, PA - From regional brewpubs and taverns to public markets, Philadelphia is known for its food and a fair share of Tourist Traps in Philadelphia. But where should you go to get a real taste of Philly?
Out of Town Food Foodies Guide for Philly
- Oh Brother Philly - laid-back, counter-service locale for great cheesesteaks, hamburgers, creative side,s as well as milkshakes. 206 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Reading Terminal Market - an indoor open market established in an old rail station at 12th and Arch Streets in Center City Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 51 N 12th St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Red Owl Tavern - old-fashioned tap house featuring contemporary American comfort fare as well as drinks in a two-storied space. 433 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Royal Boucherie - vibrant French-influenced American brasserie along with a raw bar as well as charcuterie from well-known chef Nick Elmi. 52 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Zahav - informal eatery in which contemporary techniques boost a standard Israeli menu. 237 St James Pl, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- R2L Restaurant - This ritzy eatery provides New American fare in an art deco room on the 37th floor of a high-rise. 50 S 16th St 37th floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102
- City Tavern Restaurant - A colonial tavern that colonial fare in period clothing featuring Old American fare. 138 S 2nd St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- The Franklin Fountain – The staff dressed in old-time Bow-ties, dispense classic ice cream parlor along with soda fountain drinks. 116 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant - local brewpub chain dishing out house-made craft beers and gastro-pub fare. 1150 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Bank & Bourbon - trendy American eatery and bar featuring farm-fresh dishes as well as a wide variety of bourbon & whiskey. 1200 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Food and Event Writer
My joy is aimed at food and foodie lovers. I enjoy covering trends, issues, and all things Philly.
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.