Philadelphia, PA - Springtime does not exclusively represent the start of rain storms, warmer weather, and increased backyard living, it's also is the start of spring cleanups. Shaking off the chilly weather blues and revisiting the basic aspects of day to day life that may be in needd of some housecleaning.
Starting with storing your winter essentials to maintaining up your whole family's eating habits, most of these tips could help infuse the spring-cleaning spirit into your stressful lifestyle.
- Tidy Up Your Space - Spring cleaning starts by identifying what area to tackle first. Set yourself up for success by picking a small space, such as your pup's abode. Clean his or her bowl, replenish old toys and freshen up the bed. Using a removable cover on the bed can help to keep the space tidy all-year long.
- Store Away Winter Essentials - As the days get warmer and you start to break out your spring jackets, bulky coats and clothes may go unused. Declutter your closet by storing your winter essentials in bins and setting aside items to donate. This can help to make room for those bright spring clothes you've been waiting to wear.
- Refresh Your Diet - Spring means that fresh fruits and vegetables are starting to come back into season. Spruce up your diet by reintroducing these items, as well as quality proteins like chicken or salmon. In addition, ingredients with sources of fiber, like sweet potatoes, can help fill you up without adding too many empty calories.
- Pay Attention to Hard to Reach Places - You may not realize how much dust collects on the top of your ceiling fan when it's not running. Avoid circulating dust bunnies by giving ceiling fan blades a good brushing with a cloth or vacuum. In addition to keeping your home nice and neat, this can also help ease springtime allergies.
- Dust Off Those Sneakers and Get Outside - With spring in full swing, freshen up your sneakers by throwing them into the washing machine (by themselves) and hanging them outside to dry. Once you're ready to get moving, be sure to include your four-legged friend. Playing outside together can increase both of your activity levels and help you enjoy the warmer temperatures.