Philadelphia, PA - Crockpot Cowboy Casserole - Put your game face on; it's tailgating season! Don't let complicated food foil your game day plans. The recipe for tailgating success lies in the food that is fun and packed full of flavor. TABASCO Sauce has teamed up with Chelsea Lords of Chelsea's Messy Apron.
Tailgating Crockpot Cowboy Tabasco Casserole
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage (make use of ground turkey for a healthy option)
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound baby/petite red potatoes, thinly sliced (no need to peel)
- One green bell pepper, chopped
- One can (15 ounces) fire-roasted corn, drained
- One can (14.5 ounces) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One can (14.5 ounces) of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Two teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoon TABASCO® Sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup low-fat Colby Jack cheese, freshly grated
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
Cook over medium to high heat in a large frying pan, including the sausage and chopped yellow onion. Brown, the link, then drain off fat. Include sausage and onions in a 6-quart crockpot. Top with thin sliced red potatoes.
Include chopped bell pepper, fire-roasted corn, kidney beans, fire-roasted diced tomatoes, minced garlic, TABASCO Sauce, beef broth, and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper; I apply one teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. You should still add more at the end.
Mix all together and cover the crockpot.
Put in crockpot on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours or until potatoes are tender. When finished cooking, taste and adjust salt and pepper to liking.
Include freshly grated cheese in an even layer over everything and permit it to melt. Serve hot along with extra TABASCO Sauce as needed and fresh cilantro.