Philadelphia, PA - Avery Island Wings, don’t let complicated food foil your game day plans. The recipe for tailgating success lies in food that is fun and packed full of flavor. TABASCO Sauce has teamed up with Chef Tom Douglas of Seattle Kitchen to create some winning recipes that are sure to spice up your tailgating line-up.
Avery Island Wings, Created by Chef Tom Douglas of Tom Douglas Seattle Kitchen (U.S.)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus overnight
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup TABASCO® Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 18 whole, jumbo chicken wings, or 24 small wings
- Whisk the soy sauce, mustard, water, TABASCO® Sauce, garlic, ginger, and herbs together in a bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade to be used for basting.
- Add the chicken wings and the remaining marinade to a zip lock bag, seal and turn the bag a couple times to make sure the sides are well marinated. Refrigerate overnight.
- Fire up your grill. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade, then discard this marinade.
- Grill the wings over medium-low coals, often turning, until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cook the wings slowly so they cook thoroughly before the glaze burns.
- While grilling, heat the reserved marinade in a saucepan and use some of it to baste the wings a few times while cooking.
- Cut into one of the wings to make sure no pink remains near the bone, then remove the wings from the grill and serve.