Philadelphia, PA - As the nights begin to get a little cooler and back to school shopping takes its toll on your energy, why not sit down for an easy, comforting meal to recharge you for the next day? One go-to that I love is Chicken Alfredo over a bed of pasta. Most of us have the ingredients in our fridge, so this is a quick fix if you’re in a bind. And if you are like me and have Karv Meals, a home-delivery service providing all the wonderful proteins your body needs, you have no worries when the question of, “What’s for dinner?” is asked.
I love the products that Karv Meals provide; they flash-freeze their meats at their peak freshness and deliver them to your door once a month. So when I’m in a hurry to figure out what to cook, but I haven’t been to the store, I have plenty of options to choose from available in my own freezer!
This happened to me recently when I had an impromptu family visit, and I scrambled to make a delicious meal with no prior notice. So I took a package of Chicken Breasts and thawed them out.
Once the Chicken Breasts were de-thawed, I used the Karv Garlic & Herb Seasonings to season the breast meat. For your information, every delivery I’ve received has had the tasty and flavorful spice mixture shipped.
But let’s get back to the dish that I made. I typically create meals from scratch and with no guidelines—hence my being self-taught in the literal sense. However, using the Karv Garlic & Herb Seasonings helps cut the prep time, and I could focus on making my simple but delicious Alfredo Sauce.
For making the Chicken Breasts:
- 4 Chicken Breasts (one double package)
- 3 Tablespoons Karv Garlic & Herb Seasonings (substitute an Italian spice mix if you do not have this)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- For making my Easy Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 Cups Heavy Creamer (you can substitute with whole milk, but you will need to make a roux)
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ Cup Salted Butter
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves (minced)
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons of the cooked starchy pasta water
To make this Easy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo meal, you need to begin with the Chicken Breasts:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the Karv Garlic & Herb Seasonings into a Ziploc bag with the thawed chicken breasts.
- Seal the bag and shake it until the chicken breasts are fully coated.
- Pour the Olive Oil into a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the coated chicken breasts into the skillet and pan-sear both sides for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the skillet in the oven to continue cooking at 350˚F for 20 minutes.
While the chicken is baking in the oven, heat the water in a large pot and follow the Fettuccine pasta box's directions (reserve about 3 Tablespoons of the cooked pasta water to marry the sauce and the pasta together).
Additionally, in a separate medium-sized pot, you can begin making my Easy Alfredo Sauce:
- Add the milk, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper into the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to a low temperature and continuously stir.
- Slowly add in the cheese, continually stirring. You will begin to see the sauce thicken at some point.
*You can control how thick versus thin you prefer your sauce to be. I like a thick and creamy Alfredo sauce, so I use the entire amount of cheese. However, you do not have to use all of it if you don’t want a heavier sauce.
- Once your desired thickness is achieved, stir in the starchy pasta water. This will aid in “marrying” the pasta and the sauce together.
- If your chicken is not finished cooking, take the sauce off the heat so that you don’t score the bottom of it or cause the sauce to break. (over-heating a creamy sauce can cause it to separate and look curdled).
Once the pasta, chicken, and Alfredo sauce are finished cooking, it is time to plate this delicious and filling meal for your family to enjoy!
To start, you will need to drain the pasta and place it into a large serving dish. Next, pour the Alfredo sauce on top and toss it together until all the pasta is coated. Then place the seared and baked Chicken breast on top of the pasta and sprinkle some residual shredded mozzarella cheese on top so it can melt and look extra tempting.
I know that I love the smell of a home-cooked meal as the scent floats into all the house rooms. And with this meal, you won’t need to holler for anyone to come to the dinner table—they’ll already be asking you, “What time is dinner going to be ready?” Or at least, that is what happened when I made this meal.
I hope that you enjoy my simple and easy recipe for making Alfredo sauce.