Today's visit to the local market yealed some great finds so, we decided to make something out of the goods, which included two cucumbers, an eggplant and a small jar of sundried tomato spread. so we decided to make a slight variations on the "Eggplant Parmesan with Goat Cheese Sandwich" recipe and tossed together our favorite cucumber and tomato salad on the side. The result was incredible.
1 small eggplant, semi peeled and thinly sliced
Olive oil (ours is extra virgin and infused with basil and garlic)
4 slices of bread (we used Trader Joe's Crusty Italian Loaf)
1 small jar of sundried tomato spread
1/3 cup of goat cheese
1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
A pinch of salt
- Heat a non-stick skillet to medium-hot. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt. Cook until browned and softened for about 4 or 5 minutes per side. Spread each slice of bread with sundried tomato spread. Spread the goat cheese onto 2 of the slices of bread. Top the goat cheese with the grilled eggplant slices. Top the eggplant with the remaining slices of bread, tomato spread side down.
- Brush the outsides of each sandwich with olive oil. Pat about a tablespoon of parmesan cheese onto the outsides of the sandwich. The cheese should stick to the oil. Heat the skillet over medium-low heat, add another drop of olive oil. Grill the sandwiches until the parmesan has browned for about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- To make the salad, slice two small (artfully peeled) cucumbers and one large tomato. Toss with Paul Newman's Light Raspberry Red Wine Vinaigrette. Presto! A delicious meal.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- Classic Pecan Pie Traditional Recipe
- Recipes 101 - Easy Baked Spaghetti
- Recipes 101: Beginner's Guide to Dinner Rolls
- Crispy Cheddar Mashed Potato Puffs