Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 60 to 70 minutes
Cool Time: 2 hours
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) pecans
1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen** deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
*To use prepared frozen pie crust: Place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet
RECIPE TIPS: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly - it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.
NUTRITION TIP: To reduce calories, substitute new Karo® Lite Syrup for the Karo® Light or Dark Corn Syrup.
High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup and increase butter to 3 tablespoons. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
VARIATION: coarsely chopped walnuts may be substituted for pecans to make a walnut pie.
- Recipes 101: Brownie Cookies
- Recipes 101: Beginner's Guide to Dinner Rolls
- Recipes 101: Game Day Football Pizza
- Recipes 101 - Crisp Apple Donuts
- BBQ 101: 4 Great Burger Recipes
Classic Pecan Pie Traditional Recipe
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode