Philadelphia, PA - The Commons is Philadelphia’s will be the cities first-ever virtual food hall. The Post at Cira Green and Walnut Street Café will turn into rotating ghost kitchen restaurants.
Philadelphia's Virtual Food Hall Makes its Debut
The Commons is launching October 13 at 4 PM. It will offer takeout, delivery, and socially distanced outdoor and indoor dining.
The decision to introduce a virtual food hall to The Post and Walnut Street Café was born out of a desire to better serve and adapt to the community’s needs. “The Commons is our way of offering our guests abundant choices right now,” shared restaurateur Branden McRill. “In a new world that requires flexibility and optionality, The Commons is here to give our guests choices and to put control and the decisions back in their hands.”
In addition to serving The Post’s menu, The Commons will feature four other restaurant concepts at launch, including:
- Agea: Inspired by the spirit of the Aegean Islands, Agea channels the best of the Meditteranean. Chef Jack Peterson emphasizes local produce and bright, clean flavors with abundant salads, fresh couscous bowls, and pita sandwiches.
- Philadelphia Wing Shop: High-end bar food from Chef Brandon Gibson-Boyd features nearly every type of wing under the sun — Buttermilk Fried, BBQ, Teriyaki, Chipotle, Mango Habanero, and Sweet Chili, to name a few.
- Ghost Chicken: Pulling influence from Parisian rotisserie markets, expect delectable roast chicken, chicken fat fries, and seasonal sides to take dinner to the next level. This simple yet elegant concept is produced out of Walnut Street Café.
- The Post: The flagship brings an extensive menu of Philly’s best bar snacks and a lively beer hall atmosphere, which can still be enjoyed “IRL,” too.
- Sunset Social: While Sunset Social’s season is winding down for the year just after Halloween, guests can still experience playful menu favorites from the Philly Cheesesteak Burger to the Really Long Loaded Hot Dog via takeout and delivery well into the colder months.
The Commons is open Tuesday through Thursday from 4 to 10 PM and Friday and Saturday from 4 to 11 PM. To learn more about The Commons, please visit www.thecommonsphl.com.