Philadelphia, PA - The Exquisite Kimmel Center was home for the 14th Annual Brewer’s Plate, which presented libations, food and deserts along with music and atmosphere that made for a wonderful evening See more at Brewer’s Plate 2018 The Pioneer Party of Local Food and Drink!
The Commonwealth Plaza was a beautiful and spacious venue with 3 floors of exciting, tasty sensations. Showcasing a marriage between our regions businesses and local farmers in a fun and friendly format. Let’s highlight a few libations first, shall we.
- Neshamity Creek Brewing Co. brought fourth it “Shape of Hops to Come” sporting its 8.5% and served by handsomely bearded man who was as strong a brewer as this was a beer. Its name was accurate and taste was excellent.
- Boardroom Spirits. Pure and free of anything that alters the taste, these zero calorie; zero sugar spirits evoke a truly sensational and sensible choice for your adult beverage selection. On a diet? Got to try it.
- Broken Goblet Brewery. Presented its Carle the Great.
An imperial stout that was so rich and smooth you will feel it in your soul as it enlightens your heart.
- 2SP. Put fourth its Saint Seditious witch was a caramel rich and deeply fruity taste whilst harboring an 11% that keep you bright eyed. Well done.
- Sole Artisan Ales. With it’s Alvvays. It was a clever Saison with tangy, citrus notes and a hint of chamomile on the top. It’s a true double V in the name if you are trying to find it.
- Stone & Key Cellars. Had an Ice cider that was a cold, brisk, and crisp treat to the mind.
That’s all well and good for the Drinks so how about some eats?
- Mad Rex. Chili was spicy, Smokey, and with a crisp cornbread that balanced the carne & frijoles perfectly.
- Varga Bar. Offered a tasty grilled chicken skewer resting in peanut sauce that was just the right amount of awesome.
- Butcher Bar. Offered a hot roast beef slider with cheddar that would pair with any beer they would have on tap
- Tria Café. Brought it with its Pistachio-herbed ricotta bruschetta that had a drizzle of lavender honey atop. Exquisite
- City Tap. Smoked trout sliders. Let your taste buds mingle on this awhile with its granny smith apples, arugula, capers and crème fresh. Just delightful.
The pinnacle for deserts was Wild Flour Bakery. Using Yards stout to make this little piece of lightly dusted cocoa heaven. After one bite nothing else really matters because it’s all good.
It was a wonderful celebration of all that’s local and available to us. Spring is soon here, so venture out and taste what is going on.