Philadelphia, PA - Cook and Shaker, Kensington’s favorite corner bar is now serving up a sandwich and a pint for just $12, every Sunday! The steal deal is another addition to the already very affordable existing menu from industry vet, Laura Viegas, boasting bada** bar eats and a beverage program with a wide selection of local booze and brews.z
The perfect pair will be available every Sunday night from 5-11 pm and guests can partner up any of Cook and Shaker’s eight rotating draft beers with existing menu items such as the Blackened Tuna Sandwich with cucumber ranch slaw (a brand new addition) or the Veggie Italian – made with eggplant ‘meatballs’, broccoli rabe, house-made marinara, and provolone (a favorite amongst regulars).
“What better way to beat the Sunday Scaries than with a sandwich and pint?” Said Chef Laura Viegas.
Viegas opened Cook and Shaker in 2013 and has since turned Cook and Shaker into an everyday neighborhood spot, serving up comfort food with a twist including a rotating selection of vegetarian and vegan options as well as serious specialty cocktails.
The full lineup of sandwiches in the sandwich and a pint Sunday Scaries deal are:
- Veggie Italian – eggplant ‘meatballs’, broccoli rabe, house-made marinara, provolone
- Cheeseburger – lettuce, tomato, pickles ADD ON (.50 cents) bacon, fried egg, mushrooms, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers
- Grilled Cheese of the day
- Fried Chicken – tomato lettuce, sweet pickles, house-made bleu cheese dressing
- Filet Tips – Gruyere cheese, crispy onions, horseradish aioli
- BBQ Pulled Pork – coleslaw, cheddar
- Blackened Tuna – cucumber ranch slaw
In addition to the regular menu items, Cook and Shaker offers a featured sandwich every Sunday that can also be enjoyed with any pint for only $12. The sandwich is announced on their instagram, and this past Sunday’s specialty sandwich was a Lump Crab Cake with creole aioli.
Cook and Shaker is located in the heart of Kensington at 2301 E Albert St.