Philadelphia, PA - This August, Cake Life Bake Shop introduced their dessert and beverage pairing series. They will host these pairings every Thursday evening this summer, for each pairing event, Cake Life will be joined by a special beverage expert from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. to learn what best to drink with their favorite desserts. The menu will include a flight of five wines, cocktails, or liquors. 1306 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125.
We stopped by for Cake Life’s pairing on August 3rd, they had Rob Spatola mixing up cocktails, featuring a selection of five varieties using Ketel One Vodka, Bulliet Bourbon, Tanqueray 10 Gin, and Zacapa 23 paired with five desserts, specially prepared for the evening (hopefully to appear in the bakery sometime in the future!) These delightful desserts included:
- Lemon Mousse Cake with roasted strawberries
- Pecan Tart with rival bros coffee ganache
- Earl Grey Tres Leches Cake with ginger-macerated valencia oranges
- Coconut Cake with lime, pineapple, and sweet cream cheese icing
- Chocolate Crepe Cake with spiced hot chocolate whip and dark chocolate ganache
Philadelphia's Best Classic Diners - iconic diners that pretty much blanket Philadelphia proper, stretching all the way from the Great Northeast across the city to deep South Philadelphia. So we decided to put together a quick roundup of some of the most well known and well-frequented classic diners in Philadelphia, making an effort to cover as many neighborhoods as we could.