Philadelphia, PA - Family-owned and operated MOM's Organic Market kicked off their Center City, Philadelphia grand opening in September. Founded in 1987, the new store features MOM's has grown to become the Mid-Atlantic region's premier chain of family-owned and operated organic grocery stores. MOM's Purpose is to protect and restore the environment.
After 3 decades, MOM has stores in four states and DC, employs 1,000+ people, and has created a corporate culture centered on Our Purpose: To protect and restore the environment.
- Only the highest quality, certified organic produce
- Naked Lunch, an all-organic, vegetarian eatery
- Sustainable insect proteins
- Backyard Beekeeping section with all the tools needed to sustain these crucial pollinators at home
- Free car charging stations
- Only sustainable seafood (right down to the canned tuna!)
- Rotating growler-filling station featuring limited-batch, seasonal beers and an incredible selection of bottled beers
- A wide variety of GOTS certified organic and sustainable clothing
- The liquid bulk section including oil, vinegar, and honey; plus bulk household cleaners, detergents, and hand soaps
- A recycling center for corks, eyeglasses, cell phones, household batteries, shoes, and plastic bags
- 'Yarn-bomb' from Jessie Hemmons, a local street artist who encourages conversation regarding women in street art and makes art accessible to people who may feel excluded from the fine art world
- Expansive Health & Wellness section including bulk organic herbs, plus bulk soap, bath salts, and body scrubs
MOM's does not allow products to target children with licensed cartoon characters on the package.
The Philly Taco, South Street Sushi, The Lorenzo's, and Jim's Challenge - Are you searching for the ultimate Philadelphia frankenfood? Look no further; it's The Philly Taco. A combination of a Philly cheesesteak and a slice of pizza. The combo gets its origins on South Street, where foodies of all kinds head over to both Jim's Steaks and Lorenzo's Pizza for their steaks and pizza. Just wrap your Jim's steak in your Lorenzo slice, and you just made The Philly Taco or South Street Sushi.