Cheesesteak consumption has its own etiquette. When ordering, there are two critical questions to answer:
First, what kind of cheese do you want? (Whiz? Provolone? American?) Second, do you want onions? (“Whiz wit?”) The correct way to respond is “Wit” for “Yes, I would like Whiz and onions,” or “Widout” for “No, just the cheese.” Then, ask for any other toppings or condiments you desire. Be forewarned: Lines are long, patience is tested, and if you don’t have your order and money ready to go, you might be sent to the back of the queue.
- The Ultimate Philly Cheesesteak Guide
- Cleavers Cheesesteaks in Rittenhouse Square
- Best Places To Find A Cheesesteak: Philadelphia
- Philadelphia CheeseSteak Guide
- Philly Cheesesteak Bloody Mary Recipe