Philadelphia, PA - The Bourse, Philadelphia’s brand-new food hall across from Independence Mall, is commemorating Mardi Gras in true New Orléans fashion by throwing a daylong celebration, boasting Cajun-themed food, lively jazz, tantalizing burlesque, a costume competition, and much more beginning Tuesday, March 5th.
Beginning around 7 am on Fat Tuesday, participating food hall merchants will get things started by providing time-honored New Orléans-inspired dishes, such as Hurricanes, Mini King Cakes, Spicy Fried Shrimp and more. As the sun goes down, the festivity will kick into high gear with lively music from Drew Nugent & The Midnight Society, a local jazz group, and beguiling performances from Envoute.
“We’re taking New Orléans to Philadelphia with our very first all-day Mardi Gras blowout,” said Kelly Duffy, General Manager of The Bourse Food Hall. “The festivities will be all day long but, although the real party begins at 7 pm when the food hall will erupt in live music, parades, and performances from our burlesque entertainers. And, what’s a Mardi Gras celebration without beads?”
- Party guests can delight in traditional New Orléans-inspired foods all day, such as:
- Sazeracs & Hurricanes from Bluebird Distilling — $10/each
- Andouille Creole Pasta from Bronze Table — $12
- Gumbo Omelets from Grubhouse — $10
- New Orleans-inspired Cold Brew from Menagerie— $4 (16 oz) / $5 (20 oz)
- Mini King Cakes from Barry’s Buns — $8 (serves 2-3 people)
- Spicy Fried Shrimp from Ka’Moon — $8
- 15 draft NOLA Brewing and Abita Brewing beers from TAPS Fill Station -- $4 (12 oz) / $9 (“Big Ass Beers” 33 oz)
From 7 pm – 10 pm, Drew Nugent and the Midnight Society will undoubtedly set the vibe with live jazz performances along with parades happening all around the food hall. Among the evening's entertainment are going to be, burlesque dancers from Envoute will also take to the floor with immersive and thematic cabaret shows.
Also, party guests are encouraged to wear their finest Mardi Gras regalia as the best dressed will win a $100 gift card to TAPS Fill Station. The victorious one will be revealed at 9:30 pm.