Philadelphia, PA - Philadelphia School of Circus Arts will turn summer upside down for hundreds of local youth starting this week. I am excited to share these major changes and expansions of the circus summer camp program.
This year will be the first ever for Circus Summer Camp at the brand new Circus Campus. PSCA’s magnificent new 30,000+ square foot home in the former St. Madeleine Sophie Church in Mt. Airy will offer classes in the 40 foot high sanctuary, with separate gymnasium and classrooms and extensive outdoor green space. The new campus and space means exciting changes to juggle for the summer:
- More circus camp - five programs this year for an expanded 11 weeks of the summer
- Outdoor green space - featuring first-ever outdoor tightwire rigs up in the trees
- Multiple new spaces - with more room for expanded class sizes and more activities
- Better accessibility - the new location is next door (literally) to the Upsal Train Station
- More speciality programs - for the future circus stars that want advanced training
- New giant trampoline - this brand-new Olympic size treasure will open to public classes this fall, but campers will have first use this summer as a preview.
I want to also call to your attention Circus A La Carte Camp - next week before/after July 4th, kids can sign up for just ONE DAY! No commitment. This gives new children flexibility to try the camp first before enrolling for longer sessions. This is also ideal for families travelling for summer.
Circus Camp is a great option for stories about unique summer camps, out-of-the-box summer activities for kids, and stories about remarkable youth mastering their craft. Press information and photos are found below. Thank you for reading and considering.