Philadelphia, PA - Mother’s Day, Champagne toasts, meals that tantalize your taste buds, and even some places where you can enjoy an entire day celebrating; if this sounds appealing, it should.
Once a year the world gathers together to celebrate all the amazing women who are also called “Mom.” To help celebrate the day, here are some places that you can bring her to show her how special she is to you.
- Bank & Bourbon is celebrating the lucky lady in your life this Mother’s Day with its new classic weekend brunch buffet plus a few upgrades that mom will appreciate and enjoy on her special day. Guests can sample Chef Joe Thomas’ signature Ricotta Toast with dried fruit compote, Smoked Salmon, Omelets made to order and much more. Some new additions, just for mom, include Choptank Sweet Oysters with red wine mignonette, Roasted Cauliflower with sherry vinegar, Concord grape, sheep’s milk cheese and additional Carving Stations for some added meat options. For just $45 per adult and $12 per child, reservations are available from 8:30am-2:00pm.
- XIX (Nineteen) Restaurant at The Bellevue Hotel is rolling out the red carpet for Moms with their iconic Mother’s Day Brunch. The unbeatable views and sophisticated décor paired with an elegant brunch menu makes for the ultimate celebration of the leading ladies in our lives. Please join us for an exclusive preview of select tea service, brunch cocktails, signature raw bar, and selections from the restaurant’s 2019 Mother’s Day Brunch menu.
- Stir - Treat your mom like the masterpiece she is with brunch from Stir at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. For $49 per person, this special includes Appetizers for the table including Beet Cured Deviled Eggs, Vegetable Crudité, and Smoked Trout Toasts; a choice of seven entrees including Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes; and dessert for the table which includes assorted cake bites, truffles, and petit fours with fresh fruit. And for good measure, this also consists of a Bellini or Mimosa. Cheers to mom!
- Rat's Restaurant - Where better to take mom for brunch than a whimsical, storybook-inspired restaurant with a decadent chef-driven brunch buffet? Rat’s Restaurant will be offering their wildly popular brunch from 11-5, which includes a fondue station, a carving station, made to order omelets, crepes, tapas, a hot buffet, five salads, a vast variety of seafood selections, and a special pastry counter with 10+ options. Allow mom to indulge like the queen she is in one of the region’s most picture-perfect settings. Brunch costs $62 for adults, $22 for children ages 5-12, and no charge for children under 5.
- Amada - Celebrate the day with an exceptional brunch at Amada, Philadelphia’s institutional Spanish restaurant. Amada offers both tapas and classic brunch options with a Spanish twist, such as Sangria Pancakes (stone fruit, orange, Canela whipped cream) or Benedicto (crab, poached egg, Espelette hollandaise). Not to be forgotten is Amada’s Mother’s-day-only specials of Huevos Iberico (Iberico Presa steak, fried eggs, potatoes, pimento hollandaise) and Huevo’s al Horno (saffron and Mahon cheese grits, tomato & basil sauce, poached eggs, micro basil) that’s as one of a kind as your inspirational lady!
- The Garden Restaurant at the Barnes will be offering a special Mother’s Day brunch buffet menu featuring classic, seasonally-driven brunch favorites such as Eggs Benedict, Classic Shrimp Cocktail, Smoked Salmon, Caprese Salad, Sliced New York Sirloin and more. Adults are $55.00, children under 10 are $15.00, and children under 3 are complimentary.
- Scarpetta - Gather the family for brunch at Scarpetta this Mother’s Day, the posh restaurant located within the Rittenhouse Hotel with views of Rittenhouse Square that almost compete with the beauty of the matriarch. Scarpetta’s brunch offers something for everyone, with delicious lunch options including the Chilled Lobster Salad (fava bean, English pea, mache, pepperoncini oil), Scarpetta’s signature hand-made pasta, vegetarian and carnivorous options as well as classic sweet breakfast offerings like the Almond French Toast (mascarpone crème, orange preserve)!
- Barclay Prime - Give mom the ultimate dining experience at the award-winning steakhouse, Barclay Prime. Described as a “luxury boutique steakhouse” the space is a glamorous and old-world tradition, and the food speaks for itself serving dishes such as the Alaskan Crab Cocktail, Lobster Bisque and a selection of fine-cut meats.
- Continetal Atlantic City - Treat mom for a mini-vacation and head down to Continental Atlantic City for brunch and indulge in signature dishes such as the Chicken & Waffles and to top it off—their new cocktail rollout including, Raspberry Thyme Sangria and Nimbus 9
- Revolution Chop House - Give mom the ultimate brunch experience at Valley Forge Casino’s Revolution Chop House for a prix fixe menu featuring everything from a cheese & charcuterie board, ricotta pancakes, and an omelet action station to a carving station with Roasted Leg of Lamb and Prime Rib. $45 per person from 10:00a.m.-2p.m.
The Twisted Tail, Headhouse Square’s lively Southern-influenced restaurant and bar, is serving a decadent Easter Brunch Buffet with a cornucopia of seasonal brunch items, including multiple chef carving stations with porchetta, spring leg of lamb, omelets and waffles. Guests can also enjoy pastries, bagels, smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, fresh fruit and more. The buffet is available on April 21 from 10 am to 4 pm for $48 per person and $25 for kids (3 to 10 years of age). 509 S. 2nd St.|215.558.2471| www.thetwistedtail.com
- Ocean Prime, one of Philly’s most gorgeous seafood and steakhouses, is celebrating mom with a special à la carte Mother’s Day Brunch from 11:30 am-3 pm on Sunday, May 12th. Guests can toast to mom with a Blood Orange Mimosa ($9) and enjoy delicious dishes such as the French Toast ($15), Crab & Eggs ($19), Braised Short Rib Surf & Turf ($22), among the mix.124 South 15th St. | 215.563.0163 | https://www.ocean-prime.com/locations-menus/philadelphia/menus
- Urban Farmer, Philly’s “rural chic” modern steakhouse, is treating moms to a deluxe Mother’s Day Brunch from 7am-3pm on Sunday, May 12th including Deviled Eggs ($14), Brioche French Toast ($14), Crab Avocado Toast ($20), Croque Madame Sandwich ($17), Spring Lamb Hash ($20), and more. For those looking to indulge, dinner steaks, such as the Ribeye, and New York Strip, are available upon request. Moms can pair their brunch with Urban Farmer’s unique build-your-own Bloody Mary Cart ($16) for the ultimate Mother’s Day treat.1850 Benjamin Franklin Parkway | 215.963.2788 | www.urbanfarmerphiladelphia.com
- Red Owl Tavern, located across the street from Independence Mall, invites moms and their families in next Sunday for a special Mother’s Day brunch, including features such as Avocado Toast ($14) with tomato bruschetta, roasted mushrooms and marinated nectarines; Mixed Berry Baked French Toast ($17) and a Will Mushroom and Leek Quiche ($16), boasting goat cheese, spinach, sun-dried tomato, tarragon. In addition to the brunch features, gests can also enjoy dishes from Red Owl Tavern’s extensive brunch menu, including Crabby Arnold ($19), served with jumbo lump crab cakes, English muffin, poached eggs, hollandaise and herbed potatoes; Beef Cheek Benedict ($17); Egg White Omelet ($16), among the mix.433 Chestnut St. | 215.923.2267 | www.redowltavern.com
- Square 1682, located at the bustling corner of 17th and Sansom Sts, is celebrating moms with $2 Bellinis and $2 Mimosas during brunch on Sunday, May 12th. Moms can pair their breakfast beverages with one of Chef Mack’s delicious brunch entrées, including Huevos Rancheros ($16), Sweet Potato Hash ($16) or the Rittenhouse Omelet ($15). Guests should be sure to snag a seat at one of Square 1682’s many umbrella’d outdoor tables flanking Sansom Street.121 South 17th St | 215.563.5008 | www.square1682.com
- Art in the Age, Old City’s one-of-a-kind tasting room, home bar supply and bottle shop, is celebrating Mother’s Day with an exclusive “Not Your Mama’s Cocktails” workshop from 6:30-8:30 pm on Tuesday, May 7th. Guests will learn how to perfect two mixtures any mom will love, a Not Your Mama’s Cosmo and DIY Dirty Martini, with demonstration and instruction by cocktail specialist Lee Noble. Tickets are $40 and include two cocktails, Q&A about the history and trends of the cocktail world, a mixology demonstration, and hands-on drink making workshop. 116 N 3rd St. | 215.922.2600 | www.artintheage.com
- The Bourse, Old City’s new artisanal food hall, invites mothers to a floral centerpiece workshop with Alice’s Table on Sunday, May 12th from 2-4 pm. Guests will learn the tips and tricks of creating the perfect floral centerpiece while enjoying a complimentary mimosa. Alice’s Table will provide all the tools needed, including an apron, vase, etc. Flowers will be provided by The Bourse vendor, Bonatsos’ Flowers. Tickets are $65 and can be purchased here. Although aprons will be provided, guests are encouraged to wear something they don’t mind getting dirty! 111 S Independence Mall E | www.theboursephilly.com
- CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge, University City’s lively bar and lounge located on the corner of 33rd and Chestnut, is inviting moms to bring their little ones in for brunch and craft time. With three craft kits to choose from, kids can create something special for their moms while the adults relax and sip on mimosas and Bloody Mary’s. The craft kits are complimentary and include a Spring Bug Craft Stick Ornament Craft Kit, a Color Your Own Mom Artist Mug, and a Flower Wreath for Mom Craft Kit. 20 South 33rd Street | 215-398-1874 | https://www.coopphilly.com