Philadelphia, PA – South Street Headhouse District serves up the best tastes and sips of the city during South Street Spring Festival, on Saturday, May 5, 2018, from 11:00am to 8:00pm. Philadelphia’s largest annual spring block party announces 30+ restaurants, bars, bakeries and food trucks that will fill the 10 blocks of South Street and surrounding streets.
Brauhaus Schmitz will return with Maifest on the 700 block with with German beers, dancers, music, food, flower crowns and even a Maypole. The giant all-ages outdoor party will also include the Philly Taco eating contest featuring a Jim’s Steaks cheesesteak wrapped in a giant slice of Lorenzo & Sons pizza. Eat, drink, shop, rock. Philadelphia's largest - and tastiest - all-ages, all-day, free outdoor block party will have something for everyone! South Street Spring Festival is free and open to the public. For a roster of events, visit www.southstreet.com and follow @officialsouthst #SouthStFest on Twitter. For updated line-ups and information, visit southstreet.com and South Street Headhouse District on Facebook. Updates will be made daily leading up to the event.
South Street Spring Festival is presented by South Street Headhouse District, with support from the City of Philadelphia, Specialty Productions, Aversa PR & Events and DVT Entertainment, as well as corporate support from Pepsi (Stage Sponsor), Shipt.com (Family Zone Sponsor), and from Nature's Promise, Blue Buffalo, and the Beasley Broadcast Group (95.7 Ben FM, 93.3 WMMR, 102.9 WMGK Classic Rock, 97.5 WPEN The Fanatic), Yelp Philly and Rock on Philly.
In conjunction with the Festival, Brauhaus Schmitz will host the 5th annual German Maifest on the 700 block of SouthStreet, with German beers, dancers, music, food, flower headbands and even a Maypole. Outside of Atomic City Comics (638 SouthStreet) look for free giveaways and super hero sightings during Free Comic Book Day. Watch for new surprises, vendor lists, menus and band-line-ups coming later this spring. For now, save the date and mark your calendars!
Spring Festival will close South Street to traffic and transform this historic business district into one of the city’s largest block parties. Enjoy al fresco dining and sips from 30+ restaurants, bars, vendors and food trucks. Look for everything from free samples, to special one-off dishes, to signature favorites, to specially priced grab-and-go. Pricing will vary by vendor and ranges from free samples to pay-as-you-go.
· New: Ants Pants - Maple Bacon Sandwich, Caprese Sandwich, Green Smoothie
· Bahn Mi & Bottles - Chicken, pork, shrimp or tofu skewers / scallions and butter corns, three types of draft beer (IPA, Lager, Cider), coconut mixed drinks, cocktails
· Bistro Romano - Macaroni & cheese, beef shortribs, fresh watermelon vodka coolers, house-made yukon gold potato chips with Gorgonzola cheese sauce, cannolis
· Brauhaus Schmitz - Sausage platter with potato salad and sauerkraut; roast pork platter with potato salad and sauerkraut, french fries
· Copabanana - Copa Burger, margaritas, beer
· Fat Tuesday- New Orleans original daiquiris (variety of flavors), can and draft beer, frozen margaritas
· Hurricane Alley - Burger, margaritas, beer
· Jim's Steaks South Street - Cheesesteaks
· ** New: Las Bugambilias - Margaritas and Jarritos (Mexican soda)
· Lovash - Indian cuisine specialties
· MilkBoy - Chicken Cheesesteaks
· Paddy Wacks - Draft beer, cocktails and bottled beer
· ** New: Puyero Venezuelan Flavors - Empanadas, tequenos, arepas, fried yuca
· Queen Village Food Market - Virgin Pina Colada in fresh pineapples, whole fruit bananas and apples, mixed fresh fruit cups, baklava and spinach pie
· Stateside Vodka - Cocktails
· Sweet Life Bakeshop - Banana pudding, cupcakes, popcorn, bottled beverages
· The Twisted Tail - Chicken skewers, pork sausage, hamburgers, grilled corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, beer hamburgers, sausage, corn on the cob, Mint juleps
· Basset's Ice Cream - Ice cream
· Cow & the Curd - Various assortment of fried cheese curds
· ** New: Deke's BBQ (BBQ) - BBQ
· Dr. Wutzits Wonder Balls - Fried Mac N cheese balls, other wonder balls
· Gus’ Hot Dogs - Assorted gourmet hotdogs
· Lil’ Pop Shop - Unique ice pops hand-crafted in small batches from a seasonal assortment of fresh, natural, locally-sourced ingredients
· Mom Pops - All Natural gourmet, vegan, allergen friendly ice-pop
· MomMom's Polish Cart - Pierogis and other Polish specialties
· ** New: Papermill Food Truck - Spurritos
· Revolution Taco Truck - Full menu of tacos, chips and salsa, more
Cafe seating and outdoor service:
· Jon’s Bar & Grill
· Las Bugambilias
· Pietro’s Pizza
· Pizzeria Stella
· Woodrow's Sandwiches
Artisan and local specialty food products:
· Rita's Water Ice
· St Lucifer Spice
· Others are to be announced
Other: Mad Rex Restaurant and Virtual Reality Lounge will offer free virtual reality in a pop-up VR lounge inside the Free Comic Book area near Atomic City Comics
South Street Spring Festival is free and open to the public. All music concerts are free! Food and drink are pay-as-you-go. Twenty-one and up with identification to drink.