Philadelphia, PA - Celebrate America's birthday at Citizens Bank Park when the Phillies take on the Baltimore Orioles (July 3-4). Below are the must-know events happening at the ballpark.
- Budweiser Folds of Honor Night on Tuesday.
Budweiser Folds of Honor Night will take place on Tuesday at the 7:05 p.m. Phillies game. Folds of Honor is a charitable organization with a mission to empower military families by providing educational scholarships and assistance for the children and spouses of military service men and women killed or disabled while serving. As part of the festivities, Kallie Santos, Folds of Honor scholarship recipient and nursing student, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch and change a base in the third inning.
Plus, fans are invited to visit the Budweiser Folds of Honor kiosk at the First Base Gate Plaza to write thank you notes to military members. The notes will be sent to military that are currently deployed.
- Phillies to wear special "Stars & Stripes" uniform for Phillies-Orioles series.
The entire Phillies and Orioles rosters, including players and coaches, will wear a specially-designed "Stars & Stripes" uniform on both Tuesday and Wednesday in support of the Salute to Veterans Celebration. The Phillies caps and socks will be available in a limited quantity for fans to purchase at the Majestic Clubhouse Store.
- Salute to Veterans Celebration presented by Toyota on Wednesday.
To celebrate Independence Day, the Phillies will host a Salute to Veterans Celebration presented by Toyota at the 4:05 p.m. Phillies game on Wednesday. Fans are invited to be in their seats by 3:30 p.m. for a special Phillies salute to the nation's military, which includes:
- National Anthem and "God Bless America" performed by the 78th Army Band.
- An All Service Color Guard will present the colors.
- Sgt Brian J. Clemente, representing the U.S. Marine Corps, will lead fans in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Among those to be recognized are representatives from every conflict since World War II, escorted by an ROTC Honor Guard, made up of USN ROTC Cadets from Cherokee High School in Marlton, NJ.
- All Phillies day-of-game employees who served in the U.S. military will have the distinct honor of carrying the 50 state flags onto the field.
- The ceremonial first pitch will be made by TSgt Earl Scott, representing the U.S. Air Force.
- SMSgt Stephen Fitzgerald, representing the U.S. Air Force, and SPC Mark Pretz, representing the U.S. Army will be honored with the Toyota Base Change in the 3rd inning.
- Plus, the first 1,000 fans to purchase tickets through this theme night ticket promotion will receive an exclusive Phillies Salute to Veterans "Home of the Brave" T-shirt.
- Liberty USO School Supply Collection for Military Children on Wednesday.
Fans can donate to the Liberty USO School Supply Collection for "Rucksacks to Back Packs" at all gates until the 4th inning on Wednesday. Fans who donate will receive a BOGO ticket offer for select dates. Recommended items include pencils, erasers, markers, crayons, glue sticks, highlighters, black and blue pens, rulers, zipper pencil cases with binder holes, three-ring binders with paper, folders, notebooks and backpacks. The back-to-school supplies collected will be delivered to the children of deployed service members for the upcoming school year.
- Boardwalk Eats Summer Steal and secret menu available during the Phillies-Orioles series.
The Phillies are offering a new Boardwalk Eats Summer Steal on July 3-4, featuring a $30 game ticket that includes a concession credit (up to $12) to be used at Boardwalk Eats, a new boardwalk-themed concession stand on the Main Concourse in left field featuring specialty burgers, hot dogs, sausages and boardwalk treats including funnel cake, cookie dough, fudge, caramel corn, ice cream and more! The concession credit can also be used at any other food and merchandise location in the ballpark. Get all the details at phillies.com/boardwalkeats.