Phillies spring training games kick off this week at Spectrum Field - but it's not just a new season of baseball that fans can look forward to at the ballpark. Here are the top five things to know when it comes to what's new at Spectrum Field.
Games at Spectrum Field begin on Thursday, February 23, Phillies vs. Tampa Spartans at 1:05 p.m., and continue on Saturday, February 25, with the Phillies spring training home opener vs. the Yankees at 1:05 p.m. Tickets are on sale at phillies.com/tickets.
- Be on the lookout for the Phillie Phanatic! Plus, save the dates for the popular Phillies Alumni Day, St. Patty's Game, and more.
The best mascot in baseball - the Phillie Phanatic - will once again be entertaining at every spring training home game. He'll also be taking part in popular fan promotions, including:
- Phillies Alumni Day on Sunday, March 5, 1:05 p.m. vs. Tigers, where baseball legends return to surprise fans with gate greetings, autograph stations.
- St. Patty's Day Game on Friday, March 17, 1:05 p.m. vs. Blue Jays, a spring training tradition that features green attire (both on and off the field) along with plenty of fan festivities.
Also Phillies Charities Silent Auctions & Mystery Ball Sales will take place on Saturday, March 18 (Phillies vs. Pirates, 1:05 p.m.) and Wednesday, March 22 (Phillies vs. Yankees, 1:05 p.m.). Fans can bid on game-used and autographed memorabilia, as well as take part in a signed Mystery Ball Sale, all to benefit local charities in the City of Clearwater.
2. Beer fanatics are going to love the new local craft beer options at Spectrum Field - including a new Sea Dog Bar and "Beers of the World." Also, new featured items at Frenchy's Tiki Bar!
Spectrum Field has a huge selection of craft beers including a new Sea Dog Bar, featuring eight craft beers from Sea Dog (brewed just four miles from the ballpark), a Local Craft Cart, with four local craft beers on tap, and the Beers of the World, featuring 100 beers from nationally and internationally known brands, as well as new local craft beers brewed in Florida and the local area.
Also, the world famous Frenchy's Tiki Bar will once again be geared up to serve fans throughout the game and afterwards. This year they've included sangria to go along with their margarita buckets, rum buckets, beer buckets, and full bar offerings.
- Food is always a big part of the ballpark experience. Here are some of the newest items located on the main concourse - from traditional ballpark fare to foods with local flavor.
- New Top Your Dog Hot Dog Cart: featuring several different styles of hot dogs - including the new quarter-pound hot dog. Fans can customize their own hot dog.
- Newly-remodeled Pinch Hit Grill: Features not only Bubba Burgers, but also veggie burgers, turkey burgers, bratwurst, Italian sausage and jalapeno cheese sausages.
- New digital menu boards and new point of sale system: Credit cards will now be taken at all stands and portables. There will also be new digital menu boards at various locations.
- Local flavors return: Foodies can stop by Pete and Shorty's, a local Tampa Bay restaurant and bar with a Midwest feel, for their famous slider burgers. Plus, enjoy great pizza and meatball sandwiches from Westshore Pizza, the Clearwater area's most popular pizza place. Also returning is Tijuana Flats, which has some of the best Tex-Mex food in the world, and will have new portables serving tacos, burrito bowls, nachos and queso.
- More food options include the Strike Out Cafe in right field, featuring Boston Market, Thresher's BBQ sandwiches, Boar's Head Cuban Sandwiches and Wraps, Delco's cheesesteaks and chicken cheesesteaks, and Hatfield Hot Dogs. Also back in the stands will be Herr's Chips, Boardwalk Fries, J&J pretzels, Coca-Cola products and more. There are great dessert options as well! Top it all off with Thurston's soft serve ice cream, funnel cake, grilled pretzels, strawberry shortcake, lemonade and root beer floats. Fans can also indulge in Philadelphia Water Ice, Hershey's Ice Cream, and Dippin' Dots.
- Phillies gear in tropical colors, a huge New Era hat wall, on-field spring training hats and more! Get the hottest new items in spring training wear at Diamond Outfitters, the Phillies official spring training team store.
Fans are invited to check out the New Era hat wall featuring unique hats for every occasion, as well as on-field spring training hats, spring training jerseys and name and number t-shirts. Plus, there's lots of Phillies gear in tropical colors, representing Clearwater and Spring Training.
- Also new: fans entering Spectrum Field for Phillies spring training games will now be required to use walk-through metal detectors immediately before their tickets are scanned.
- Metal Detectors Added at Phillies Spring Training Games
- Phillies 2017 Single Game Tickets On Sale
- Philadelphia Phillies Black History Month Youth Program
- Philadelphia Phillies Spring Training Guest Instructors Announced
- Phillies Fan Events #BackInTown for First Time in 2017
What's New in Food, Fashion & Fandom at the Phillies' Spring Training
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode