Philadelphia, PA - As the unofficial end of summer begins, so does the return of dining indoors as well as the Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Center City District Restaurant Week, the opening of The Philadelphia Museum of Art. Just to name a few!
Labor Day Week Marks Milestone In Philadelphia Tourism & Hospitality Recovery
According to Visit Philly, almost a third (32%) of travelers are expected to take a road trip within 300 miles of their home. So, as you plan your own road trip, here is a look at what’s opening this week and what’s coming soon to the Philadelphia Region:
- Restaurant Weeks - First up, Dining in Chestnut Hill, September 4-13, offering special deals and dishes to eat in and take out with more than a dozen restaurants participating. Then, it’s the Center City District Restaurant Week, with dozens of restaurants offering $20 prix-fixe lunches and $35 prix-fixe dinners from September 13-25.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art, September 6: will reopen with reduced hours (Wednesday through Sunday) after a six-month closure. Come explore the museum’s over 200 masterpiece-filled galleries. Visitors are required to wear masks and have their temperatures checked. Purchase your timed admission tickets in advance.
- Indoor Dining, September 8: Indoor dining returns to Philadelphia; restaurants will be required to limit capacity to 25% and table size to four people. Those preparing to serve indoors again include The Love, Talula’s Garden, Jerry’s Bar, and the brand-new Steak 48.
- Philadelphia Fringe Festival, September 10-October 4: The annual Fringe Festival will feature 120 works across a variety of genres and platforms. While most performances will take place virtually, several will be held outdoors with social-distancing measures in place.
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (PAFA), September 12: When PAFA reopens to the public, it will do so with a four-day-per-week schedule (Thursday through Sunday) and with typical health protocols in place: limited capacity, temperature checks, mandatory masks, sanitizing stations, etc.
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.