Philadelphia, PA - Thinking about visiting the 2018 Philly Home + Garden Show? There is a mansion-sized amount of events, features and vendors at this year’s show, so here is the top 13 list of features to definitely focus on when perusing the show floor this year:
1. Get up close and personal with HGTV celebrities: Paige Davis, the host of the infamous TLC show Trading Spaces, is coming to town to share what it's like to be the star of an Emmy Award winning show, as well as what design trends and tricks she’s learned throughout her career on broadcast television. Local DIY Network host of a new show, Owner of Hestia Construction and Team Leader of The Street Group at Space & Company, Rachel Street, will also share her insight having been a professional in each aspect of home financing, building, buying and owning. Now turned network personality, this Philly girl is here to give you a peek into the buying, renovating and decorating trends for homes in and around Philadelphia.
2. Smart Home by Xfinity and Rudloff Custom Builders: Enter into the newly expanded full size model home built by Rudloff Custom Building to see the latest in design trends in action paired with cutting edge home security and entertainment technology from Comcast. Designed to uncover the possibilities for marrying technology and design in every room, this feature promises to impress
3. Backyard Lounge: Rest your feet in the Backyard Lounge, a backyard oasis furnished by Pine Creek Structures and sponsored by Belgard. Get ready for spring with some of the newest backyard furniture available.
4. Feature Gardens: With multiple full sized and fully manicured gardens, this oasis might inspire your next backyard project and definitely will inspire a breath of relief from the cold winter! Bubbling koi ponds, chaise lounges, outdoor TVs, beer tap setups and all of the latest in outdoor technology will be on display for you to pick and choose from for your next project. Owning the go-to summer spot starts here!
5. Flower Market: Local Phoenixville florist Cameron Peters is hosting a cut flower booth where you can pick up a beautiful bouquet and get advice on how to decorate with flowers from a local shop. Local flower shops often can provide a better quality at a great price when compared to online and can also include a few tips of design advice while you’re picking up. See for yourself at our all-new Flower Market!
6. Edible Landscapes: Why build an enormous vegetable garden when you can incorporate vegetables and herbs right into your perennial garden with added benefit to all plants involved?! Scott of Scott Baldelli Landscape and Design will show you how to create an edible landscape that tastes just as good as it looks through the practice of companion planting and a little creativity. His display will show the marriage of veggies and flowers in ways that look great and even save space.
7. Crafted: This market style area of the show floor features local art and hand made household items to get your home decor on point. A soup ladle hand carved from cherry wood on your list? Beeswax candles? Handmade soap? Stop by and see what we’ve got!
8. Habitat for Humanity Upcycle Challenge Garden Decor: Why go to the hardware store when you can create your own backyard decor with repurposed furniture that fits your style? Local DIYers are transforming old furniture into trendy and functional backyard decor for this years’ theme. Come take a gander and get inspired to create your own personalized decor!
9. Make-it, Take-it: Local DIY crafters and artisans are each scheduled to host their own Make-it, Take-it sessions, a hands-on demonstration free of charge where you learn how to create a new craft and take it with you when you’re finished. Take a load off and learn the tricks of the trade from the area’s most prolific creators.
10. Hero Day: We honor all heroes on February 16 by opening the doors free of charge to all teachers, nurses, first responders, firefighters, police and all active or retired military personnel. We thank you for your service and sincerely hope you enjoy what the Philly Home + Garden Show has to offer
11. Local blogger and designer presentations: Our area is brimming with creative artists and designers, many of which work to share their experiences and knowledge with the world. We have the areas finest presenting their talents and design know-how throughout each day at the Pottery Barn Main Stage. Learn the theory behind the design from your own local talent!
12. Phoenixville Night: Goods and services from the finest shops in Phoenixville will be on display during the second annual Phoenixville Night - a night that showcases the finest good and services that Phoenixville has to offer right in front of the main stage. Come see what all of the buzz is about!
13. Take action: Talk with vendors, exhibitors, bloggers and designers to get inspiration and begin the home project of your dreams. This show is tailored to create ideas about what projects can be accomplished and provide the means to do so - it’s time to turn your home into the home of your dreams!