Philadelphia, PA - Top 40 Philly Bucket List idea and places to visit, whether it's a Run along the Schuylkill River or stroll through one of the many world-renowned museums. Check off as many items as you can from This Philadelphia bucket list!
The Philadelphia Bucket List
1. Run or bike along Kelly Drive, an 8.45-mile path along the Schuylkill River!
2. Enjoy fresh and quick stir fry, salads, and fruit and honey snacks at honeygrow!
3. Want to get away from all of the cars in the city while you run this summer? Run along the West River Drive over the weekends when the city closes off MLK, Jr. Drive to any car traffic!
4. Be like Rocky and run the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Then head in and explore one of the largest art museums in the United States!
5. Don't miss out on the Philadelphia Zoo, the first zoo in the United States.
6. Join Franklin's Footsteps Walking Tour and actively learn all about Benjamin Franklin and our nation's founding.
7. Check out the Liberty Bell, one of the nation's most iconic symbols of American independence, located in the Independence National Historical Park.
8. Fuel your body with 100% plant-based foods at HipCityVeg! Get clean and healthy meals, smoothies, and desserts that are sure to satisfy your taste buds!
9. Head on out to the Wells Fargo Center any time of the year for concerts, shows, 76ers games, and Flyers games!
10. See some of the darker sides of Philadelphia's history with the Grim Philly Twilight Tours! Walk past some of the whipping posts, execution spots, and so much more that helped inspire some of America's horror and ghost stories.
11. Walk through and enjoy the beautiful sights and smells at Bartram's Gardens, the oldest botanical garden in North America.
12. Rittenhouse Square Park is an excellent spot in the city center to enjoy a sunny day this summer! Walk around, read a book, and enjoy all of the shopping and restaurants around.
13. Book some tee times at the Golf Course at Glen Mills and Wyncote Golf Club this summer.
14. Auguste Rodin fan? Philadelphia's Rodin Museum boasts the most extensive collection of Rodin sculptures outside of Paris.
15. Catch a Phillies baseball game this summer and watch the oldest one-name, one-city franchise in professional American sports history.
16. Hang out at Love Park with Robert Indiana's famous Love sculpture.
17. Get some free yoga every day of the week this summer at the Race Street Pier. Just bring yourself and a mat!
18. Challenge yourself with Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga at Spruce Street Harbor Park.
19. Summer is a time for the pool, friends, and hot dogs! Head over to Underdogs for delicious and fresh hot dogs.
20. Catch a free movie every Thursday night at Penn's Landing with Screenings Under the Stars. The series will begin in July.
21. Walk into Independence Hall and take a trip back to American history. Stand in the very rooms where both the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were adopted.
22. Sign up with Philadelphia City Rowing and row along Boathouse Row.
23. Explore the fascinating and sometimes haunting history of medical science at the Mutter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
24. The Schuylkill River is the perfect destination for the most active of people! You can run, hike, mountain bike, fish, canoe, horseback ride, and more along the river and trails. Trust me; you won't get bored!
25. Don't miss the Philadelphia Eagles in action, starting this August.
26. Spin your way to a great body at Body Cycle Spinning Studio.
27. Become a member of the Penn Tennis Center, and play on the beautiful university outdoor and indoor courts.
28. One of Philadelphia's five original squares, Franklin Square, offers open space centered around a beautiful fountain. Enjoy mini-golf and a carousel with the family. Make sure to check out what fun events this park will be hosting this summer!
29. Walk around, shop, and eat at The Shops at Liberty Place.
30. While not the healthiest, indulge with Italian ice at Rita's, a Philly staple once in a while.
31. See some of the most incredible and most unique mosaic art at Philadelphia's Magic Gardens.
32. Get a workout in a while, taking in the city's sights with some Philadelphia Running Tours.
33. Check out the Academy of Natural Science of Drexel University, the oldest natural science research institution and museum in America.
34. Take a day trip to Hersheypark, the chocolate-themed amusement park located in Hershey, PA. Enjoy rollercoasters, rides, and shows!
35. Head out to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom if you look for some of America's tallest and longest rollercoasters. Stay cooled off as well with the water park right next door!
36. Dance the summer away with Philly Dance Fitness. Take ballet, Zumba, hip-hop, and more!
37. Run in the Annual Revolutionary Run this Fourth of July. But hurry, online registration closes tomorrow!
38. Don't miss the summer exhibits at the Franklin Institute, one of the best science museums in the country.
39. Celebrate America by participating in the Wawa Welcome America! Festival happening all of this week leading up to the Fourth of July.
40. Roller skate outside with family and friends at the BlueCross River Rink.
Share This Article on Social Media