Chili Dog Casserole: This recipe is wonderful for outdoor cookouts, and it can be made ahead. It is loved by young and old alike!
8 hot dog buns
8 hot dogs
1 (15 ounce) can chili
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Tear up the hot dog buns and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly. Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns.
Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread some mustard over the chili and the onion. Top off with the cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- BBQ 101: 3 Great Hot Dog Recipes
- Recipe 101: Sonoran-Style Hot Dog
- Recipe 101: Chef Jeff Mauro's Sonoran-Style Hot Dog
- BBQ 101: Grilling Tips For The "Hot Dog Days" Of Summer
- Cooking the Perfect Hot Dog