Chocolate French Toast is the best dessert for breakfast! With just the right amount of sweetness, richness, and slightly crisp caramelized edges. Perfect for kids and adults alike!
What You Need:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4-6 thick slices of bread
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla extract into a medium bowl. Sift in cocoa powder, and whisk it in well, along with the maple syrup. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Preheat frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with butter or nonstick spray.
- Soak each slice of bread in the egg mixture, turning once to coat thoroughly.
- Cook french toast on preheated griddle until it is cooked through, meaning no liquid should run out when lightly pressed.
- Serve immediately, with chocolate syrup, maple syrup, or whipped cream and chocolate chips.
Serves 4-6, Depends on Bread Size.
- Blueberry French Toast Sandwich Recipe
- Easy to Make Whole Wheat French Toast with Praline Topping
- Philly's Brick & Mortar: Toasts to Bobby Burns Event
- Almond Crusted French Toast Recipe
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode