Philadelphia, PA - Jim Pappas has eaten over 280 different cheesesteaks in just on last year, starting May 16, 2018, Jim started his Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure to find the perfect cheesesteak. Jim began gaining notoriety on Indie Philly Radios popular "Dining on a Dime" as a regular guest on the show. From their Jim has been featured on Fox Philly's morning show, The Philadelphia Inquire as well as becoming a regular contributor to Philly Bite Magazine.
Jim Pappas - The Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure
Jim's quest has taken him as far west as Reading, PA; north to Princeton, NJ; east to Atlantic City, NJ; and south to Bear, DE. On his journey, he was heckled twice and threatened to be sued by a drunk patron, but despite these hardships, Jim has carried on his quest for the area’s “Best Cheesesteaks”.
So ‘Where is the best cheesesteak?’ Jim has made it a point to mention that each and every cheesesteak is unique and has something to give the cheesesteak world. Jim's ‘best of’ list offers 20 categories.
What makes Jim’s list, so uniques is that Jim as tried each and every cheesesteak on the list and does not accept freebies, along with the fact that Jim has paid for every cheesesteak and claims to have almost all of the receipts still.
Philadelphia's Best of Cheesesteaks 1st Annual Awards
- Philadelphia's Best Brunch Cheesesteak - The Coffee House Too, 2514 E York Street Philadelphia, PA 19125
- Best Day Drinking Cheesesteak - The patrons of the establishments in this category are very passionate and would blow up our Instagram, Facebook & YouTube accounts if I tried to pick one.
- Best Date Cheesesteak - American Sardine Bar, 1800 Federal Street Philadelphia, PA 19146 “No Longer on The Menu” What were they thinking!
- Philadelphia's Best Day Trip Cheesesteak - Penn Brew Station, 627 W Baltimore Pike West Grove, PA 19390
- Philadelphia's Best Cheesesteak Deal - Cavanaugh’s Rittenhouse, 1823 Sansom Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Philadelphia's Best Dessert After Your Cheesesteak - Zio’s Brick Oven Pizza, 111 S 13th St. Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Best Early Morning on the Go Cheesesteak - Little Pete’s Steaks, 6701 State Road Philadelphia, PA 19135
- Philadelphia's Best Family Cheesesteak - Cocco’s Pizza, the Original location in Primos, 540 Oak Ave Primos, PA 19018
- Best Historical Cheesesteak - McNally’s Tavern, 8634 Germantown Ave Philadelphia, PA 19118
- Best Mash-up Cheesesteak - Big Cheese Pizza, 364 Wilmington Pike Glen Mills, PA 19342
- Best Massiveness Cheesesteak - Tender Bones Rib Shack, 2504 Red Lion Rd Bear, DE 19701
- Best Most Ways to Enjoy a Beer With Your Cheesesteak - Sam’s Boardwalk Style Pizza - 31 Brookline Blvd Havertown, PA 19083
- Best Non-Cheesesteak Cheesesteak - Talarico’s Sandwich Shop, 425 E Philadelphia AveBoyertown, PA 19512
- Best NY Style Deli Cheesesteak - Famous 4th St Delicatessen, 700 S 4th Street Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Best Old School Deli Cheesesteak - Cosmi’s Deli, 1501 S 8th Street Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Best Cheesesteak in Reading Terminal - By George!, 1136 Arch Street #403 Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Best Cheesesteak with a View - Shank’s Original, 901 S Christopher Columbus Blvd Philadelphia, PA 19147
- Best Cheesesteak Noone is Talking About - El Sabor de mi Tierra, 2413 S 7th Street Philadelphia, PA 19148
- Best Traditional Cheesesteak - Italian Kitchen, 339 N Hook Road Pennsville, NJ 08070
- Best Overall Cheesesteak - Meatheadz Cheesesteaks, 2653 Brunswick Pike Lawrence Twp, NJ 08648
The Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure - Hi, my name is Jim Pappas, and I have eaten Hundreds of different cheesesteaks in the last year. A year ago, May 16, 2018, I started my Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure to find the ultimate cheesesteak. To see more great cheesesteak places, check out my website at The Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure