Philadelphia, PA - Templetown is a neighborhood in the North Philadelphia section of the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. The district is loosely arranged around the main campus of Temple University, hence the name 'Temple' town. Until recently, the area was primarily a slum, but is now rapidly gentrifying due to an influx of Temple students during the past several years and is a growing hot spot for Philly's Food Trucks.
Philadelphia, PA - A city reveals itself through its street food, and Philadelphia has always had a bountiful spread of on-the-fly options. Local food trucks run the gamut from student grub in stainless steel carts to upscale eats in high-tech mobile kitchens to roving trucks that keep foodies up-to-date on their whereabouts through Twitter.
Philadelphia, PA - Taproom on 19th (2400 S. 19th) and the Philly Mobile Food Truck Association celebrate the return of spring with the second annual “Tappin’ The Trucks, Brews n’ Bites Block Party” on Saturday, April 8, 2017, from Noon to 7:00pm. Five food trucks and five local brewers will pop-up outside of Taproom for an afternoon of brews, bites and live tunes.The taps will be flowing with all craft drafts specially priced at $5.00. All food and drink will be pay-as-you-go, cash only. Children and pets are welcome. 21 and over to drink (with identification).
Philadelphia Taco Trucks:
- Returning tacos to their street-eat roots, University City truck Tacos Don Memo Food Truck serves them up in foil-wrapped threes, bursting with saucy flavor, crisp onion and lots of cilantro. 38th Street between Locust & Spruce Streets, (610) 529-2039
- Like taqueria on wheels, Taco Loco has it all—the red, white and green motif; Jarritos; tortas; and simple but punchy al suadero, tripe and choriqueso tacos. The only difference? This kitchen comes and goes. Jefferson Square Park, 4th Street & Washington Avenue, (215) 883-9191
- The Diego Rivera-esque murals on the side of the Tacos El Rodeo truck are a giveaway. This mobile operation isn’t messing around. Of special note are the spit-roasted pork and variety meat tacos served with salsa on the side. 1000 Washington Avenue
- Adorable, alfresco Taco Angeleno serves spot-on renditions of fresh L.A. street food (tacos and smoothies) in a once abandoned, now flowering and twinkling with lights, open lot in West Philly. Chef-owner Vanessa Jerolmack fills tortillas with pork, chicken and seitan—Thursday through Sunday, spring through fall. 5019 Baltimore Avenue, @tacoangeleno
- Not exactly a moving vehicle per se, the Blue Route Taco Truck on the roof of Whole Foods Plymouth Meeting turns out some tasty fish, pork and veggie tacos (when open—hours are seasonal) and offers craft canned beer along with them. 500 W. Germantown Pike, Plymouth Meeting, (610) 832-0010
- Oyster PoBoy Event at Revolution Taco in Philly
- Revolution Taco Opening in Rittenhouse Square Philly
- Two UPenn Cooks: Looking to Launch Grassroots Food Truck
- Philly Food Trucks Returning to The 30th Street Porch
- Great Beer Expo 2016 Food Truck Line Up