PHILADELPHIA, PA. – Women Against Abuse, Inc., Philadelphia’s leading domestic violence agency, will host its 9th Annual Dish It Up on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. -‐ 9:00 p.m. at Cescaphe Event Group’s VIE (600 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA).
This event is Philadelphia’s ONLYfemale chef competition and attracts close to 500 business and community leaders and food aficionados. The Emcee for the evening will be 6ABC’s Meteorologist and Women Against Abuse Honorary Council Member Melissa Magee.
The 9th Annual Dish It Up will feature unique creations from female chefs representing some of Philadelphia’s most well-known restaurants including:
- Kiki Aranita • Poi Dog Snack Shop Food Truck
- Roz Bratt • Homemade Goodies by Roz
- Lynn Buono • Feast Your Eyes Catering
- Abigail Daha • Parc
- Daniela D’Ambrosio •WholeFoods
- Lauren Hooks • Vedge Restaurant Group’s Wiz Kid Café
- Rachel Klein • Miss Rachel’s Pantry
- Mary Lochary • The Rittenhouse Hotel
- Lisa Lombo • Jones Restaurant
- Caitlin Mateo • Red Owl Tavern - Philadelphia, PA
- Meredith McLoughlin • Aneu Catering
- Jessica Nolan • Little Bird Bakery
- Toni & Chrissy Walton • Sweet T’s Bakery
Chefs preparing savory dishes will be competing for the coveted Purple Dish Award, chosen by a panel of noted judges, while participating pastry chefs will be competing for the Purple Cupcake Award – chosen by guests.
The panel of celebrity chefs, media personalities and food writers/bloggers choosing this year’s Purple Dish Award include:
- Michael Klein • Restaurant Columnist, The Philadelphia Inquirer
- Tony Luke, Jr. • Owner of Tony Luke’s Restaurants, actor, musician,
- Chef Barbie Marshall • Partner, SOOP Catering, Finalist on Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen
- Chef Roberta Pipito • Award winning chef; food, beer and wine connoisseur and blogger
- Justin Rosenberg • Founder/CEO, Honeygrow Restaurants
- Chef Rick Tarantino • QVC celebrity chef, media personality
- Rick Williams • 6ABC News Anchor
This year, guests can again show their support by participating in the onsite “Text to Pledge” portion of the event. At that time, attendees will have the opportunity to donate to Women Against Abuse’s programs and initiatives utilizing a text-to-donate app in order to help sustain the organization’s life-saving programs. There will also be prizes for Best Purple Attire on the “purple” paparazzi carpet.
Sponsorships for the event are still available. To learn more about sponsorships or to purchase tickets, please visit: www.womenagainstabuse.org/events/dish-it-up. Dish It Up has sold out in the past, so the public is encouraged to purchase tickets early. Donations can also be made on the Women Against Abuse website at: www.womenagainstabuse.org/donate
Sponsors as of 1/14/17 include: 6ABC; Cescaphe Event Group; Expert Events; Philadelphia Media Group of Philadelphia Inquirer/Daily News/Philly.com; PWP Video Group; The Rally Beads; Stradley Ronon Attorneys at Law; Tucker Law Group.
Additionally: ASI Management; Bacardi USA; Cigna; Duane Morris, LLP; Haverford Trust Company; Independence Foundation; Julie Mostov; JFS Wealth Advisors; Keystone First; Legacy Advisors, LLC; McLaughlin & Laureicella, P.C.; Milton & Beatrice Wind Foundation; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, LLP; Patrick Mundy; Sally & Edwin Rosenthol; Sheller Family Foundation; Tactix Real Estate Advisors, LLC; Allen & Myra Woll.