Philadelphia, PA - Whether you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day with your significant other or just looking to spice up your life with something new, there are plenty of romantic Philadelphia Valentine’s Day date ideas to choose from! Here are eight of the best – so whether you prefer quiet and intimate settings or raucous and exciting ones, you’ll have no trouble finding something that fits the bill.
Philadelphia Valentine's Day Date Ideas
Philly's SliCE Heart-Shaped Pizza-Gram's - SliCE: This Valentine’s Day, love is in the pizza! Say “be mine” with a specially delivered heart-shaped pizza gram from SliCE. Customize your pie with his/her favorite toppings or select one of SliCE’s signature pie combinations.
1) Experience Something New - Philadelphia is a city known for its rich history. But, Valentine’s Day isn’t about history; it’s about exploring something new with your significant other. If you don’t want to spend another boring evening in your town, or if you have a lot of fun things planned with friends and family on February 14th, give yourselves an experience that will be special for both of you.
2) Take Your Date to an Upscale Restaurant - Pennsylvania is home to more five-star restaurants than any other state, making it a great place to take your date for a delicious meal. If you’re looking for something truly special—and romantic—check out one of Philadelphia’s most beautiful dining rooms. Elevate your Valentine’s Day dinner at one of the cities top-rated restaurants. Philadelphia's Most Romantic Restaurants
3) Get Away From it All - If you’re looking for an escape from everything and everyone, a romantic getaway is just what you need. Several of our favorite places offer special packages for couples—from spa treatments to gourmet dinners and luxurious accommodations. With so many romantic options available, it’s hard to go wrong. Book early; these popular spots fill up fast. Start planning now, and check back soon for more ideas!
4) Enjoy The City Lights - Dating doesn’t always have to be romantic or expensive; it can just be a fun way to enjoy one another's company. Since there are tons of free activities in Philadelphia, why not head out for a walk under the city lights? You’ll be able to enjoy each other’s company without breaking your budget.
5) A Special Afternoon Tea - Enjoy a special afternoon tea in Philly. Afternoon Tea is a British tradition that combines sweet snacks, finger sandwiches, and savory treats served with fine teas and other beverages. In many cases, Afternoon Tea may also include live music. For a truly special afternoon out or date night, celebrate your love with an elegant Afternoon Tea date.
6) Indulge Your Sweet Tooth - Looking for a romantic date idea in Philadelphia? Start by picking up a treat from one of Philly’s many desserts-focused sweet shops. Then head to Fairmount Park for a scenic stroll along any of its numerous trails, ending with a picnic at Lemon Hill Mansion. If you’re lucky, you might even catch a glimpse of some local wildlife!
7) Go Ice Skating in Center City - Head to Dilworth Park (at City Hall) for a unique and picturesque winter date idea. (Just make sure you bring your own skates!) There are plenty of ice skating rinks throughout Philly, but ice skating at Center City’s Dilworth is one of our favorite ways to get in some quality time on a first date.
8) See a Show at the Kimmel Center- The Kimmel Center hosts a lot of big events and popular Broadway shows. If you're planning a romantic evening, you should consider taking your significant other to see one of these productions. One of my favorite things about Philly is that even if there isn't an event going on at that time, you can go up to the box office and buy tickets for any show you want! So make sure to check what’s playing before heading in! This will be a fun way to get some culture in during your night out.
Conclusion - There are a lot of places to take your significant other for a romantic evening in Philadelphia. Whether you’re on a date with your boyfriend or girlfriend, husband or wife, these eight ideas will definitely set off sparks and leave you wanting more. Happy Valentine’s Day!