Philadelphia, PA - Historic Newtown, Pennsylvania is a small borough in Bucks County. Located just west of the Trenton, New Jersey, and part approximately 25 minutes from Philadelphia metropolitan area.
Visit Historic Newtown, Pennsylvania
Getting here from Philadelphia and locations south is easy: just jump on Interstate 95 north towards the Newtown Exit - Route 332 - Newtown/ Yardley Road. At the exit ramp go to the traffic light and make a left-hand turn. Continue onto Route 332 west until you find the 7th traffic to South State Street, make a right-hand turn. Continue to 2nd traffic light to the intersection of State Street and Washington Avenue.
What to Do in Newtown
- Half Moon Inn Museum, located at Court Street and Centre Avenue, (215) 968-4004. The museum is open on Sundays from 2 P.M. to 4 P.M. open from June to August.
- Historical Walking Tour, A Historic Walking Tour of Newtown, Make reservations by contacting the Court Inn at (215) 968-4004.
- Library of Newtown History is located at the Half Moon Inn, Court Street and Centre Avenue, (215) 968-4004. Hours of operation as Tuesday 9 Am - 3 Pm and Thursday 7 Pm- 9 Pm Closed from July thru August.
Shopping in Newtown
Shop at Newtown's many small locally owned shops, like the Newtown Book & Record Exchange, a specialty bookshop perfect for the book and music lovers. Pop-in to Alternative Dimension Toys or The Tubby Olive that specializes in gourmet olive oils and bottles of vinegar balsamic on tap.
- Becky's Newtown Deli 30 South State Street- (215) 968-3362
- Bon Appetit 202 S. State Street Suite C
- Rocco's at the Brick Hotel 1 East Washington Avenue (215) 860-8313
- Duck Sauce 127 South State Street (215) 860-8879
- Florentino's 18 South State Street (215) 860-1133
- Isaac Newtons Restaurant- Rear of 18 South State Street (215) 860-8878
- MomMom's Gourmet Take N Bake 154 N. State Street (215) 968-5054
- Pat's Colonial Kitchen 127 South State Street (215) 860-0570
- State Street Kitchen 18 South State Street (215) 968-7665
- Thyme 101 South State Street (215) 579-6152
Grab a Cup of Coffee
- Starbucks Coffee 100 South State Street (215) 579-3370
- Café con Leche located at the rear, lower level of 16 South State Street (215) 497-1020
- The Coffee Room 15 S State Street (215) 550-6130
Grab a Cocktail or Cold Beer
- The Club House Bar & Grille 501 South State Street (215) 860-5566
Where to Stay
- The Temperance House Inn, 5 S. State Street, (215) 944-8050
- The Brick Hotel, 1 East Washington Avenue, (215) 860-8313
Newtown has plenty of on-street parking, but there are also two municipal parking lots. located in the rear of the stores located on South State Street in between Washington and Centre Ave. and one located is next to the Borough Hall, 23 N. State Street.
There is a 2-hour time limit for parking along State Street between Greene and Penn Streets, and the parking lots allow you a three-hour time limit.
Share This Day Trip on Social Media
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of a round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment, and more in Philly.