Philadelphia, PA - Post Brothers announce the launch of Piazza Pod Park, located on Germantown Avenue at N. 2nd Street. Piazza Pod Park is the largest dining destination and beer garden-style space in the city to open this spring - with 35,000 square feet of outdoor space that is uniquely Northern Liberties, featuring dining, art, civic space, kids and fitness components, as well as regular entertainment and events.
Piazza Pod Park Beer Garden Philadelphia
Capturing the artistic and design-centric character of the Northern Liberties neighborhood that surrounds it, the Pod Park will feature retail spaces made entirely of recycled shipping containers, two mega-scale installations from internationally acclaimed artists, and local artists in residence program with regular classes. Nearly a dozen dining options will include many local and nationally recognized restaurant owners.
Dining options from many locally recognized restaurant operators at the opening will include:
- Dim Sum House’s Lil Sum Sum, from Jackson Fu, operator of the spectacularly popular Dim Sum House and Jane G’s in University City
- Spread Bagelry, the beloved Philly-based Montreal-style bagel shop by Larry Rosenblum, representing his third new location coming this spring
- French Toast Bites, by viral sensation Lokal Artisan Foods owner Charisse McGill who made her debut at the Made in Philadelphia Holiday Market
- Tiki Tacos, by the deep-rooted Owen Kamihara of the NoLibs stalwart El Camino
- Mama Maria’s Italian Ice, scandalously good locally made Italian ice by Nico Papanikolaou
- Empanada Box - Savory pastries influenced by different cultures plus elote, Mexican street corn, with brushed mayo, cheese, and spices
Additional retail attractions will include Tiny Tildie’s Toy Box, an outpost of the mighty Tildie’s Toy Box on East Passyunk Avenue, and the newest location of Osayi Osunde’s Fit Academy. Waving from the Center of Piazza Pod Park will be BEBOT, a 33-foot tall, 13,000-pound robot from Burning Man. Look for seating for up to 300 people. Connecting The Piazza and Piazza Pod Park to the Market/Frankford Line of SEPTA will be an outdoor art installation created out of 185 pulsing and colorful ThinkCubes. Entertainment will include food festivals, themed happy hours, yappy hours, outdoor concerts, food and drink workshops, and other special events.
Next to BEBOT, at the center of the park, look for a two-level enclosed and climate-controlled dining pod with a roof deck with unparalleled views of the park, the night’s entertainment, and of course, the robot himself. Surrounding BEBOT and the dining pod, are 14 colorful repurposed shipping containers, spread out in the four zones in one oversize semi-circle
Adult refreshments will be available from neighborhood destination Urban Village brewery, acclaimed local distillery New Liberty Distillery,
Piazza Pod Park
Germantown Avenue at N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia PA 19123