Philadelphia, PA - Philadelphia Zoo is pleased to announce the launch of “Philly Zoo to You”, an interactive online learning program featuring a direct line to Zoo experts to answer science questions creating a deeper connection to wildlife discovery.
Philly Zoo to You Free Online Classroom
The Philly Zoo has turned into the region's largest living classroom. With parents and students at home working hard to find online learning activities. The Philly Zoo is offering a mixture of expert support and curriculum-based activities aimed at students from grades K through 4. Students and parents should visit www.philadelphiazoo.org/learn for enhanced learning opportunities. For more, visit the Philly Zoo at https://philadelphiazoo.org/learn/
Philly Zoo Online Classroom Provides
- A mix of science-related resources, including animal-themed worksheets, DIY activities, and coloring pages that provide loads of fun and learning while highlighting essential academic connections to wildlife, habitats, and the environment.
- Videos featuring an insider's look at the Zoo plus virtual interactions with our amazing animals and the dedicated staff who care for them.
- Science@PhillyZoo enables visitors to connect directly with more than 50 Zoo experts who are on hand and prepared to answer any and all science, wildlife, and conservation questions.
Highlights on the Zoo Experts facilitating Science@PhillyZoo personalized programs:
- With more than 220 years of school teaching experience, the Philadelphia Zoo’s staff facilitating the programs ranges from Master's degrees in Education and Ecology to backgrounds in animal science, animal biotechnology, zoo science, and wildlife conservation.
- Facilitators have an understanding of the science curriculum standards and are prepared to answer questions on animal adaptations, classification, life cycles, habitats, ecosystems, climate change, extinction, and more.
- Nearly half of the Zoo experts have been at the Zoo for more than 10 years and are incredibly knowledgeable about the animals.
The Philadelphia Zoo is a consistent resource for teachers and students, with more than 130,000 school children entering through its historic gates annually. With the Zoo currently closed to the general public due to COVID 19 restrictions, This is the best way to continue the zoo’s dedication to connecting the public with the wonders of wildlife.