Philadelphia, PA - On Friday, August 31, the Phillies will honor local softball and baseball teams that have reached their state championships and above. Congratulations to the following teams, who will be recognized on the field before that night's 7:05 p.m. game:
- Audubon Invasion 10U & 12U Softball (Audubon, NJ)
- Berlin Little League 11-12 All-Stars (Berlin, MD)
- Broomall-Newtown 13U (Broomall, PA)
- Delaware Post 1 (Wilmington, DE)
- Doylestown Tigers 11U (Doylestown, PA)
- East Brandywine Bulls 12U (Downingtown, PA)
- Frankford Pioneers (Philadelphia, PA)
- Franklin Township Intermediate Little League (Franklinville, NJ)
- Marlton Reds 10U (Marlton, NJ)
- Mifflin County Junior Babe Ruth (Lewistown, PA)
- Naamans Little League 16U All-Stars (Wilmington, DE)
- Robbinsville Ravens (Robbinsville, NJ)
Also on Friday, the Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) will have adoptable dogs at the "break" area behind Pavilion Section 210. There will be a PAWS collection for pets in need at the First Base Gate Plaza. Wish list items include bleach, laundry detergent, paper towels, trash bags (heavy duty/contractor only), bath towels and fleece blankets, and canned dog, cat and kitten food (no dry food).
Plus, dogs - along with their human owners and friends - are invited to watch the game from the Pavilion Deck (Sections 306-310) as part of Phillies' Bark at the Park Theme Night. Each dog will receive an exclusive Bark at the Park dog toy and each human ticket will include a $12 concession credit that can be used anywhere in the ballpark. This event is limited to the first 350 dogs and tickets must be purchased in advance through the Bark at the Park Theme Night page. Some of the event proceeds will benefit PAWS.